Space saving wheel

Reaction score
Hi all.
Had a bit of bad luck where someone or something has cut my tyre wall and it’s clearly something my puncture sealant can’t fix so I was left a bit stranded as I (like many now) have no space saver to get me home.

I’ve looked online for a space saver wheel to shove in the boot. Do all ages of Audi A3 space savers fit all other years models as some online say 2004-2008 and others 2012-2020.

Thanks

I’ve been trying for a month to get a answer as to what the part number is for the space saver in a 2020 saloon, basically Audi uk nor the dealers will help as it’s not a factory option, my next line of attack is to ring Audi in Ireland as it’s a option there.

I’ve been trying for a month to get a answer as to what the part number is for the space saver in a 2020 saloon, basically Audi uk nor the dealers will help as it’s not a factory option, my next line of attack is to ring Audi in Ireland as it’s a option there.

You can order the space saver and jack as a factory order as I did, so definitely available so not sure why the dealers are being so awkward - £145 upgrade at the time

Reactions: SamB2020
You can order the space saver and jack as a factory order as I did, so definitely available so not sure why the dealers are being so awkward - £145 upgrade at the time
Sparks
Are you based in the uk ?
would you mind messaging me any part numbers please

Sparks
Are you based in the uk ?
would you mind messaging me any part numbers please

I am in the UK but don't have a part number as I did it as part of my factory order - The numbers on there are 1S3 - Tool Kit and 1G8 for the Wheel - They must be able to find it as if it was faulty they'd have to order 1 in to replace it - I'm sure the 8V one would fit

I am in the UK but don't have a part number as I did it as part of my factory order - The numbers on there are 1S3 - Tool Kit and 1G8 for the Wheel - They must be able to find it as if it was faulty they'd have to order 1 in to replace it - I'm sure the 8V one would fit
Have you got your car yet? If so did it fit OK? Seems a silly question, but its amazing how many people don't check this when they get a new car. I have just ordered an A3 Edition 1 (19 inch wheels as standard) with the space saver wheel. There are no details on the configurator, but I assume this will be an 18 inch spare. A bit of Googling indicates that Audi do two space-savers for the A3 (a 16 inch and an 18 inch). Listed on Audi Parts Direct as being for the 2009-2013 model, but I assume these would fit the new A3? I might ask the dealer for the part number for the one I'm getting, so I can check it myself. Obviously no big problem fitting an 18 inch spare on a car with 19's, as long as its just a 'get me home' journey at a max of 50mph.

Have you got your car yet? If so did it fit OK? Seems a silly question, but its amazing how many people don't check this when they get a new car. I have just ordered an A3 Edition 1 (19 inch wheels as standard) with the space saver wheel. There are no details on the configurator, but I assume this will be an 18 inch spare. A bit of Googling indicates that Audi do two space-savers for the A3 (a 16 inch and an 18 inch). Listed on Audi Parts Direct as being for the 2009-2013 model, but I assume these would fit the new A3? I might ask the dealer for the part number for the one I'm getting, so I can check it myself. Obviously no big problem fitting an 18 inch spare on a car with 19's, as long as its just a 'get me home' journey at a max of 50mph.

I do have the car, and it was already in the boot as factory ordered - It's the small 50 mph one- I assume it would be 18 to match the standard wheels - Didn't look that closely I just know it's in the boot

I do have the car, and it was already in the boot as factory ordered - It's the small 50 mph one- I assume it would be 18 to match the standard wheels - Didn't look that closely I just know it's in the boot
Sparks , could you take a pic of the part number on the wheel and Jack please

Sparks , could you take a pic of the part number on the wheel and Jack please
Ok I’ll try and remember next time I get the car out - I don’t use it that often at the moment as ever since the pandemic started I brought home our works pool car and have been swanning around in that

I recently bought an A3 Edition 1, 1 year old, low mileage, 19” wheels. One of my concerns was the lack of a space-saver spare wheel. The estimate from Audi for a space-saver wheel was well over £550!
I bought an 18” space-saver online from The Wheel Shop, along with tool kit, bolt and a carry-case for the brace and Jack - total about £180. The only awkward part was removing the styrofoam tray that holds the compressor and sealant can, which projects into the wheel bay. It is held in place by a curious bolt with three slots - we removed it with a long-nose pliers, and the space-saver wheel and tools fit easily under the hatchback floor.
I feel much happier knowing I have a spare wheel if the need arises!