Space under boot floor

Eliott

Reaction score
Hi all. I’m collecting a 2018 A5 Coupe next week and can’t wait!

In my current car (an A1) I keep some rubber floor mats under the boot floor for when I want to keep the carpets clean. From videos I’ve seen of the A5, it doesn’t look like there’s much room between the spare wheel and the boot floor. Can anyone confirm whether there’s enough free space to store some mats?

Cheers

I’d say very little room under the floor but if you were to space them out all next to each other it would at least raise the whole floor equally?

I’d say very little room under the floor but if you were to space them out all next to each other it would at least raise the whole floor equally?
Certainly worth a try, thanks!

Reactions: Buck
There is STACK LOADS of free room under the floor of the B9.5 A5 and A4 - the puny-sounding sub woofer is now gone (creating a far better standard sound if you haven't the Comfort and Sound pack) freeing up loads of area... and there isn't a spare tyre either

There is STACK LOADS of free room under the floor of the B9.5 A5 and A4 - the puny-sounding sub woofer is now gone (creating a far better standard sound if you haven't the Comfort and Sound pack) freeing up loads of area... and there isn't a spare tyre either

Yeah, unfortunately mine is a B9 with the comfort and sound pack, so doesn’t sound like there’s much room. Looking at the Audi cargo organiser now too so I can stop the other things that I normally keep in the boot from rolling around.

Best accessories to get is the load liner and the storage organiser is a mickey-take for the price - £42 to £55 pounds for the same looking item in black without the Audi logo to be had for a few pounds at Ikea!

Best accessories to get is the load liner and the storage organiser is a mickey-take for the price - £42 to £55 pounds for the same looking item in black without the Audi logo to be had for a few pounds at Ikea!
Good shout, I hadn’t even thought of IKEA. Cheers mate

Reactions: HMG1K
You're welcome - when you see the item at the dealer on display against the price, you realise the same can be had at Ikea and in the size you want! Bet it'll set you back a fiver!