Spare tyre and DAB

Jackal385

Reaction score
Hi,

patiently waiting for my new build of an A1 1.4 140 Black and I have two queries:-

1) Can anyone provide a link for an 18" spacesaver wheel ? I have specced the Bose kit, will it fit ? I refuse to pay £275 to Audi.

2) I am getting various stories as to whether or not DAB radio will be fitted. Does anyone out there know the current truth.

cheers

My MY14 car (13 plate) came with a DAB radio fitted - it was listed on the invoice as a factory fitted no cost option - was a surprise to the dealer and me..!

Last edited:
My MY14 car (13 plate) came with a DAB radio fitted - it was listed on the invoice as a factory fitted no cost option - was a surprise to the dealer and me..!

Phi,

thanks for the reply, the latest I got from the dealer was that it had been withdrawn from A1 and Q series. Hacked off, plus car build delayed to week 2, 2014.

It's mandatory that all new cars have them now, and as there was a recent MY change I'd be very surprised if it didn't come with DAB.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's mandatory that all new cars have them now, and as there was a recrent MY change I'd be very surprised if it didn't come with DAB.

I seem to be getting varying answers fro the dealers.

Can anyone help me out re space saver.

Seems it is possible to have the spacer saver with Bose. Check out the post "Tyred" on the Audi A1 Forum. Depends on the wheel size as to what you need (16" od 17" get the 16" Spacesaver, if you have 18"s then you will need 18" Spaesaver) -either way you need to use 100x5 PCD wheel - plenty on eBay for around £100. You need one from a mk1 TT, mk4 Golf etc.

I have an A1 BE 1.4 CoD TFSi on order and I am pressing Audi CS for confirmation that they will supply the DAB Radio that they launched in their Press Releases (still on their website). Funnily enough, if they HAVE withdrwan, they haven't put out any Press Releases about that one!

Hi,

Did you ever get a reply from Audi on whether DAB is standard on new A1 builds or not ?

Thanks

Have been told that DAB will be fitted to new orders in New Year. Suggest you make a specific point of getting it in writing, when you place the order.