Spark Plugs...Yes I know...

M

mjr901

**Edit** car is S3 2012.

Right, after 17k of stage 2 running I think I'm in need of spark plugs.

At idle it's not ticking over as smoothly as I'd like.

Now I've searched, been in Warrens thread and a few others.

OEM is best I've read, but what exactly are we calling OEM these days?

"NGK BKR7EIX" ?

or

"NGK PRF758EG" ?

Bosch have been mentioned?

Or which is best for Stage 2 tuned car?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got these from Tps for my a3 2.0tfsi quattro there Bosch

I have a stack of those infront of me at work but are they OEM for the S3?

I have a stack of those infront of me at work but are they OEM for the S3?
Not 100% sure if there oem s3 I know there oem a3 2.0t but you could give Tps/audi a call to find out, its worth a phone call if you already have a stack of them.

Not 100% sure if there oem s3 I know there oem a3 2.0t but you could give Tps/audi a call to find out, its worth a phone call if you already have a stack of them.

I work for Landrover, SEAT is next door but they share the same parts
dept so if I can get a Bosch part number for the S3 then I can cross reference and get them with out much hassle. ;)

Suppose easiest thing to do is to just ring Audi!

ngk laser platinum part# PFR7S8EG.
got a set in front of me right now :D
i've tried one step colder and two steps colder and at the end they all gave up at the same time.
now the last set that's in car right now is ngk platinum and they lasted much more than everything else, so wouldn't bother with colder plugs.

i've tried one step colder and two steps colder and at the end they all gave up at the same time.
now the last set that's in car right now is ngk platinum and they lasted much more than everything else, so wouldn't bother with colder plugs.

Awesome, just what I wanted to know :)

Cheers guys!

Them OEM ones are the ones my 08 RS6 use. i cant see it been a problem for you either, i changed mine a while back and all running ok.

going to do them again soon as i like things running fresh, i had it serviced just after 5k and it just gets better and better as i pile on the miles.

Trups

For people that order from VW or Audi etc

The part number is: 06H 905 601A (PFR7S8EG)

Love being in the motor trade, £33 for the set ain't bad :)

As "S." says above - NGK Laser Platinum's PFR7S8EG - There OEM & your best bet mate - Running in my Stage 1 & as previous threads state can handle Stage 2 & 2+ too :thumbsup: