Speaker upgrade

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, I've currently got the standard the radio head unit with cassette player (and 6cd changer in the boot) on my 2002 S3. Just wanted to know if it's possible to change all the speaker inside to after market ones with the usual Amp and Sub, Would I be able to play music through my current (standard) head unit, any disadvantages to using the standard head unit?

All you need is the Blaupunkt RCA converter which will provide standard RCA outputs from the back of the HU and a remote on lead.
Only disadvantage apart from the quality of the HU is you won't have a separate sub fader, so no independent control of the sub unless you ditch the rear speakers altogether.
The fronts currently run off the HU so you'll either need to rewire them or buy a male ISO speaker harness to plug into the existing speaker harness behind the HU.
The rears run off the matchbox amp inside the so called sub, so no problem there as you'll be ditching the sub anyway. The sub runs off the rear pre-outs.
You can mount additional amps behind the rear speaker panels if you want a stealthy install, there's loads of room behind there. If you download my stealth sub install & power cable install guide it shows you how to get to everything and how to route power from the battery.

Here if I could upload it. PM your mail address & I'll send it over.