Speaker wire colour scheme non bose (which is -/+)

Genius

Reaction score
I have the non bose system but still with the factory sub/amp in the boot and was wondering if anyone has a list of the speaker wire colours for this setup.

Wanting to replace the door speakers front and rear but a quick look shows as they use some weird OE connector. I'm going to have cut these off to solder on spade connectors for the replacement speakers cones.

Basically, I just need to know how to tell + and - on the 4 door speakers so I don't wire any of them in out of phase as I'll be soldering them in so want to make sure I get it right first time and not have to solder twice ;)

I have the non bose system but still with the factory sub/amp in the boot and was wondering if anyone has a list of the speaker wire colours for this setup.

Wanting to replace the door speakers front and rear but a quick look shows as they use some weird OE connector. I'm going to have cut these off to solder on spade connectors for the replacement speakers cones.

Basically, I just need to know how to tell + and - on the 4 door speakers so I don't wire any of them in out of phase as I'll be soldering them in so want to make sure I get it right first time and not have to solder twice ;)
You dont need a wiring diagram for this.
Phase identifying is simple if you cant identify for the wiring or speaker pins if there are no (+or - ).
Just get a small 1.5volt battery and couple pieces of wire Mark the possitive wire from the 1.5v battery and connect to the two wires to each speaker in turn. The forward pulse of the speaker cone will identify your phase or what would be your (+) at the speaker.
Dave O

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I know which of the pins on my speakers are + or - as they are normal off the shelf speakers itis the audi ones that dont have the plug and no terminals that I can't work out

Haha ok just realised what you meant... after I cut the plug off the original loom I can use your method with the plug attached to the speaker and connect the battery to the wires to see which wire is which

So just to clarify + on the battery to + on the speaker ( and therefore - on the battery to - on the speaker) it goes forward....

And + on the battery to - on the speaker ( and therefore - on the battery to + on the speaker) and the cone sucks in?

Google ( audi-sport.net/speaker wire colour) might help. Did you get ur rings on

Google ( audi-sport.net/speaker wire colour) might help.

Tried but so many results and seems different set-up have different colour so bit of a minefield, might just order a set of the adaptor for £3 use them for the rears and they can be my guide for the fronts

Did you get ur rings on

Nah it started raining so given up on stripping the front bumper for today, might actually modify the holder as it's solid and ideally want the gaps in it, will have a think before I get out the hole saw

The holder should only have 2 screws on the backing plate which attaches to the back off grille , so if you havent already attached to bumper ie ( like ur pics show ) you can take off and attach rings then put back on griile then take bumper off and swap ..
Look in pic before i put block on and rings on..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1513347052428.jpg
    FB_IMG_1513347052428.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20180814-212032_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180814-212032_Gallery.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Just found this thread and thought I may as well update it in case it comes up in a google search for someone looking like I was...

The answer is dead easy! The wire that is a solid block colour is the + the wire that has a stripe is the -