Speakers Clipping/Cutting/Crackly after installing Pioneer AVH x8800BT

LanceG

DIY until I break it LOL
Reaction score
As per title.

I installed a double din unit and since then, the front speakers have started clipping at around volume 17

I assumed this meant I needed bettter speakers so I got some Alpine components just to stop the clipping but guess what

clipping still exists... anybody experienced this before?

I take it didn't do this before I would start over again. But wire fronts up first on there own and do a volume check process of elimination

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It didn't do this before no.

Tried that last night, still crackles and clips - When I fade to the left or right, I can turn up with no problems, but the problem is when everything is balanced and I try to turn it up... sounds dreadful.

The factory unit? Not since installing the new speakers no.

I'll give that a try in the week to rule out a dodgy head unit?

But I've used this HU in my previous 3 cars, one of which being an Audi A3 but with Bose so I'm a bit as confused why I'm having problems with this car

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

As per title.

I installed a double din unit and since then, the front speakers have started clipping at around volume 17

I assumed this meant I needed bettter speakers so I got some Alpine components just to stop the clipping but guess what

clipping still exists... anybody experienced this before?

Usually this type of issues arise when you use poor double din adapters/components. What adapter are you using? I’m using the setup from Connects2 with zero issues.

I don't even remember.

I'm sure it's a Connect2 one but not 100% as I didn't go to my "go to" car audio store to get it

I need to get one with steering wheel controls anyway so a new one will be on order soon along with the 2 piece facia which avoids that square cut out in the install, cleaner finish

Good shout, will let you know if that fixes it or not!

I don't even remember.

I'm sure it's a Connect2 one but not 100% as I didn't go to my "go to" car audio store to get it

I need to get one with steering wheel controls anyway so a new one will be on order soon along with the 2 piece facia which avoids that square cut out in the install, cleaner finish

Good shout, will let you know if that fixes it or not!

Give Dynamic Sounds a call if in doubt. They are based in Wandsworth.

Do you have a Bose or non Bose setup? I’ve done a double din conversion too.

No Bose badges on any of my speakers - old speakers were balupunkt, small sub in the boot left hand side and I have the iso connector

Is that half bose?

Give Dynamic Sounds a call if in doubt. They are based in Wandsworth.
That's my "GoTo" store lol

This is what I'm going to buy
https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/con...-stalk-control-adaptor.html?search=CTSAD007.2

I've got the same harness but without the steering wheel control and the other black boxes. (WTF is that other big black eyesore)? I think that's where I've gone wrong :blownose:

the saying is true, "haste makes waste" I should've waited for the weekend or just paid online but I was eager and impatient! :scared2:

No Bose badges on any of my speakers - old speakers were balupunkt, small sub in the boot left hand side and I have the iso connector

Is that half bose?

Yes. You’ve got the exact setup as I do.

c5071ddcf5741de442b7ff10ccefab76.jpg

I got this fascia:

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/con...le-din-car-stereo-fascia-fitting-adaptor.html

Then this adapter:

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/con...-tt-steering-wheel-stalk-control-adaptor.html

Works with both Bose and half amplified systems. Supports ISO and quad lock adapter.

If you want Hey Siri integration you can buy a version up that will activate Hey Siri from the steering wheel.

same fitting kit I'm looking to get!

Looks so much nicer than the one I currently got with the square fascia that goes in the middle.

You did a brilliant job!