Speed limit display

I checked my car yesterday and as per everyone else it doesn't show the speed limit on the sat nav

Just live chatted with Audi Digital Services and similar response and he then ended it before I could challenge it:

• According to our database You do have traffic sign recognition, but we cannot know for sure if the traffic camera recognition itself has been installed in your Audi. Please contact the UK services Department for this Technical specification

• Here is there contact information

• UK Customer Services Department Email: customer.services@audi.co.uk Phone:=0800 699 888 Owners Website: https://www.audi.co.uk

• A
    Thank you for using Audi Live Chat. Should you need further assistance, please contact us again. I wish you a wonderful day ahead! For your future reference- Our toll free number is: 0800 279 2884 Our Email is: digitalsupport.uk@audi.de
The issue I think if I understand this right is that because all A3/S3's have Pre-Sense and Lane Assist they have a camera installed and therefore Audi's system just shows that we all have Traffic Sign Recognition - If this is incorrect then hopefully somebody on here will know more.

This is so wrong if they are trying to force us to purchase Functions on Demand

They tried to say not all features are on my Audi but I said I'm looking at the digital manual via My Audi with my VIN Number

Moots

I checked my car yesterday and as per everyone else it doesn't show the speed limit on the sat nav

Just live chatted with Audi Digital Services and similar response and he then ended it before I could challenge it:

• According to our database You do have traffic sign recognition, but we cannot know for sure if the traffic camera recognition itself has been installed in your Audi. Please contact the UK services Department for this Technical specification

• Here is there contact information

• UK Customer Services Department Email: customer.services@audi.co.uk Phone:=0800 699 888 Owners Website: https://www.audi.co.uk

• A
    Thank you for using Audi Live Chat. Should you need further assistance, please contact us again. I wish you a wonderful day ahead! For your future reference- Our toll free number is: 0800 279 2884 Our Email is: digitalsupport.uk@audi.de
The issue I think if I understand this right is that because all A3/S3's have Pre-Sense and Lane Assist they have a camera installed and therefore Audi's system just shows that we all have Traffic Sign Recognition - If this is incorrect then hopefully somebody on here will know more.

This is so wrong if they are trying to force us to purchase Functions on Demand

They tried to say not all features are on my Audi but I said I'm looking at the digital manual via My Audi with my VIN Number

Yup, that’s the response I got too. Because the camera based speed limit info is “enabled” which just means the hardware is there but it’s not turned on, I can’t view the speed limit on the sat Nav, they’re basically trying to force me to fork out for functionality that should be there anyway.

I’ve registered a complaint with York Audi, but they’re not responding at all it would appear. Going to chase them up on Monday, if I i dont hear back by the end of the week then I’ll escalate.

Shame, they did a decent deal on the car but as per usual after sales service appears to suck.

Yup, that’s the response I got too. Because the camera based speed limit info is “enabled” which just means the hardware is there but it’s not turned on, I can’t view the speed limit on the sat Nav, they’re basically trying to force me to fork out for functionality that should be there anyway.

I’ve registered a complaint with York Audi, but they’re not responding at all it would appear. Going to chase them up on Monday, if I i dont hear back by the end of the week then I’ll escalate.

Shame, they did a decent deal on the car but as per usual after sales service appears to suck.

Update I got from Audi Customer Services yesterday:

I have investigated your case further with the Master Technician at your dealer. He advised that he has looked into your concerns further, using a like for like Audi S3. He explained that the like for like vehicle also did not have the speed limit display. He does not feel that this is an issue with the vehicle due to the fact that both your vehicle and the like for like functioned in the same manner, but would be happy for the vehicle to be brought in for further investigation and a Technical Report raised if this is something you would like to move forwards with?

He also went on to advise that at this time, there are no MMI or software updates available for the vehicle due to the young age of the vehicle - Even though we all know others have had updates!!

My reply below:

It doesn't surprise me at all that he'll have the same issue, as I said in my previous emails , because all A3/S3's will have the same issue as they all have Lane Assist and Pre-Sense as standard which uses the same camera as the Traffic Sign recognition (checked this with my friend who is an Audi Mastertech at a different dealer) and therefore it thinks that system is installed, but it's not unless you have the driver assistance pack.

The manual page 220 clearly states option 10) Display of the maximum speed limit, in towns on motorways, dual carriageways and other major roads and has a little 1) which at the bottom of the page applies to cars without camera based speed limit display only, so you see he will never be able to replicate it.

To be honest this is what annoys me, in that us customers know what we should have or shouldn't have on our cars and have read the manual, but we always get fobbed off with it's a new model and we don't and the factory don't know - I'm fairly confident that this is the same software/hardware that's in the A1 and Q3 and has been for well over a year now and let's face it the new A3 is almost a year old now as well, this really isn't good enough and certainly from a brand like Audi - I don't know what is going on at the moment but they are acting like a back street car dealer rather than a premium brand.

It was always there on the previous models, and clearly should still be there as per the manual (not the brochure the manual) and therefore Audi have messed up or they are chancing their arm and will allows us to purchase Traffic Sign Recognition through Functions on Demand when it becomes available, but I for one will not pay for this installation when I've spent £**** on what's supposed to be a Premium Brand, which it certainly doesn't feel that way at the moment, and I'm not the only one who feel that Audi really are starting to not care about their customers.

Just found this under the spec for my vehicle:

Prep for dynamic road sign display for FOD so as suspected it was intended for us to pay for the speed limit anyway

• Service indicator 30 000 km or 2 years ( variable )
  • Camera and/or distance sensor (driver assistance system)
  • Prep for dynamic road sign display for FOD
  • Hill-hold assist
  • Instrument cluster, mph speedometer -Great Britain-
  • Lane departure warning
  • Without lane change assist
  • Audi pre sense front
  • Cruise control

Nothingdoing079

Just found this under the spec for my vehicle:

Prep for dynamic road sign display for FOD so as suspected it was intended for us to pay for the speed limit anyway

• Service indicator 30 000 km or 2 years ( variable )
  • Camera and/or distance sensor (driver assistance system)
  • Prep for dynamic road sign display for FOD
  • Hill-hold assist
  • Instrument cluster, mph speedometer -Great Britain-
  • Lane departure warning
  • Without lane change assist
  • Audi pre sense front
  • Cruise control

I've got the same in my spec, and when I queried it with the dealer got absolutely nowhere.

I'm not happy that so many features which I was expecting as standard have been locked away for FOD or as add-ons which weren't clearly described in the details

Moots

After escalating within York Audi I’ve now got Them to agree that when it’s available via FOD, providing it’s not ridiculously expensive, they’ll enable it for me free of charge. Just need to figure out when it’s going to be available now, which they’re looking into.
I would suggest being a total pain in the **** to get your dealers to do the same!

After escalating within York Audi I’ve now got Them to agree that when it’s available via FOD, providing it’s not ridiculously expensive, they’ll enable it for me free of charge. Just need to figure out when it’s going to be available now, which they’re looking into.
I would suggest being a total pain in the **** to get your dealers to do the same!

Thanks for that - That will be the route I'm going down as well

I've got the same in my spec, and when I queried it with the dealer got absolutely nowhere.

I'm not happy that so many features which I was expecting as standard have been locked away for FOD or as add-ons which weren't clearly described in the details

Totally agree, but what's annoyed me is I would suspect every vehicle will have this because of the pre sense and Lane Assist, so why even put in the manual

Absolutely shameful

Nothingdoing079

I'll be trying that also. Who did you go through at your dealer, was it via the service team or the sales team?