Speeding ticket advice

The washing machine gives a clean licence,shame it's a nightmare to open it afterwards tho :p

Ha... If only it was that easy... would save fortunes on insurance.... Re-phrase to pointless license now! :thumbsup:

I have just received a NIP from Cumbria police force for doing 49 in a 40 on the A65. I got caught at 4:45am. This was an unrecorded letter that was sitting behind my door after work 2 days after the offence.

I did it and now I have to fill in my wife's details. Lol

I'm joking. I have held my hands up to it.

Reactions: sliced
This happened to me I was doing 52 in a 50mph roadwork zone at 4.30am every car seemed to be overtaking me even lorries, I felt very hard done by as there weren't even any workers around! I had to pay £80 to go on a driver awareness course or I would of had 3point and a £80 fine! All they want is your money!

Always request the picture if its a camera say their was 2 of you in the car and your not sure when you swaped over driving so you want a picture to prove who it was

No option for the driver improvement course in Scotland mate, first I heard of it was when my brother-in-law was done down by Oxford.

52 in a 50?

if you got a ticket, it cant have been a 2mph discrepancy, if its always a usual 50 limit, roadwork zone may well have enforced a temporary limit of 40 or even 30

Always request the picture if its a camera say their was 2 of you in the car and your not sure when you swaped over driving so you want a picture to prove who it was

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384148280043660

Doesn't make any difference even with the pictures as you still can distinguish who was driving the car. They also sent me a 3rd picture in which they have enhanced to remove the flash glare so the reg plate can be read clearer.

Many years ago I got notification that I had been clocked doing 68 mph on a 60 mph limit road.
I phoned the clerk of the court for which I'd been summonsed, and was told that the "leeway" is 10% over plus 2 mph.
Anyone know how accurate that information was?

Many years ago I got notification that I had been clocked doing 68 mph on a 60 mph limit road.
I phoned the clerk of the court for which I'd been summonsed, and was told that the "leeway" is 10% over plus 2 mph.
Anyone know how accurate that information was?

The law allows for a 10% discrepancy in speedometer readings, anything above that figure is discretionary, and dependant on the prosecuting force.

These days they'll take money from you at any opportunity, which means that in a 60 mph zone, you're out of pocket at 67 mph.

P

No option for the driver improvement course in Scotland mate, first I heard of it was when my brother-in-law was done down by Oxford.

I have been offered a drivers awareness course for my little infraction of the limit. This is down to the offence being committed south of the wall. so win win I think no points and no fine just need to pay for the course and take a days holiday from work/phone in sick and the only down side I can see is having to travel south of the wall again.