Speedline wheel cleaning advice needed...

The_life_pursuit

Reaction score
I'm sure many people have had the same issue, but need some advice regarding cleaning my speedlines. Basically, the steel outer rim is a pain in the **** to get clean, and often looks pitted and dirty. At the moment the only way of getting them clean, is to apply some serious pressure with a non abrasive brush, although this is not ideal as I'm worried about scratching the surface.

Someone out there must know of a suitable split rim cleaner that brings them up well without costing me the skin on my knuckles and the danger of damaging the wheel through excessive scrubbing.

Any help would be appreciated!

Just be patient I have these wheels too.
Once they are clean they look amazing.
I use iron-x to get rid of all the tar bits then a good washmit and autoglym shampoo.
An occasional polish as well with super resin polish.

Im sure a more experienced detailer will be along soon

Try some Wax Tec Fall Off. Have sold this to many customers and the feedback is great. I prefer this to Iron-X or the Bilburry stuff. Just spray on and leave for approx 10-15 mins and then rinse off. And it wont break the bank at £7 a bottle. If you want some let me know.

To do them properly, the key items that you'll need are;

Wheel brush for inner rim, Wheel brush for face of rim, Decent wheel cleaner, Tardis, Iron-X, Decent sealant so they're easier to clean next time.

Try some Wax Tec Fall Off. Have sold this to many customers and the feedback is great. I prefer this to Iron-X or the Bilburry stuff. Just spray on and leave for approx 10-15 mins and then rinse off. And it wont break the bank at £7 a bottle. If you want some let me know.

This Wax Tec Fall off stuff, is this the best stuff to clean any alloy would you say? Do you spray onto a dry or wet alloy?

I've got lots of tiny black tar spots that i'm getting annoyed with but everything that i'm using isn't good enough to make it clean off easiliy.

Thanks

Wax Tec Fall Off is brilliant for cleaning alloys mate. I use it all the time on my 19" BBS CK's. I very rarely need to agitate the cleaner as its that good. Very similar to Iron-X as I said before but I think its slightly better. Wax Tec also do a good tar remover so if you want I can get both bottles to you. £14 plus postage. In fact I can supply you with all the necessary products to get your wheels minted again.....ie wheel brush, sealant etc etc. Let me know what you want bud.

Surely no need to buy expensive tar remover - a dab of petrol dissolves tar, then apply your favourite alloy protector.

Wax Tec Fall Off is brilliant for cleaning alloys mate. I use it all the time on my 19" BBS CK's. I very rarely need to agitate the cleaner as its that good. Very similar to Iron-X as I said before but I think its slightly better. Wax Tec also do a good tar remover so if you want I can get both bottles to you. £14 plus postage. In fact I can supply you with all the necessary products to get your wheels minted again.....ie wheel brush, sealant etc etc. Let me know what you want bud.

Will the Fall Off get rid of the black brake dust patches tucked away in the corners of my alloys without having to agitate it?

Can the tar remover be used on the bodywork too?

Thanks