Speedo and fuel gauge problem after changing clutch

Ryan s3

Reaction score
i changed my clutch today and the speedo does not work now and my fuel gauge has gone crazy !
Any ideas on where to start looking ??
Obviously something I done today
Thanks

Speedo sender on gearbox... either disconnected or damaged sender/wiring

<tuffty/>

Cheers, can I get to it with out a ramp etc ??
It’s under the battery tray ??
If I remove the air filter and battery I should be able to see the connector?

Back of the gearbox....
Speedo

<tuffty/>

Reactions: yoursixx
Hello... Did your get your speedo working again.. as my local garage called me after they installed new clutch and flywheel saying my speedo not woking.. If so any all suggestions much welcome many many thanks in advance

Hello... Did your get your speedo working again.. as my local garage called me after they installed new clutch and flywheel saying my speedo not woking.. If so any all suggestions much welcome many many thanks in advance
Did they plug the speedo wiring back in? the sensor is on the gearbox

<tuffty/>

I am going down to the garage this morning.. But i will be leaving my car there until it is fixxed.. I have no idea what they have done.. thats why I am very open to all suggestions. I dont want to guess anything .. so after all possilbillities .. as i dont want my car back with a broken speedo.

I left the sensor unplugged, you can reach it with out a ramp.

I have just picked the car up.. She now has a few new faults.. the clutch is very nochy, no speedo, no rev counter and now both the fans under the bonnet are spinning up slowling down and spinning up constantly.. I am unsure but I am thinking they have ******** my ecu up.. any suggestions much welcome

Ok so speedo sender is on the box as per the pic I posted previously...

As for the other faults it feels to me like there is a wiring fault thats come about as a result of dropping the box to do the clutch... the notchiness is most likely down to not being bled properly as its a hydraulic clutch setup so not subject to the binding of a cable clutch setup..

I hope they replaced the slave cylinder as part of the work too as they can also fail and cost very little in comparison to the work required to fit..

Ultimately its up to the garage to rectify the issues they appear to have introduced as a result of the work they have done

<tuffty/>

Might be a fuse then... I believe there is a fuse for the cluster and one for protecting the K-Line comms...

As for the ECU... if they had damaged that I would have expected the engine not to start at all...

ECU is unlikely to be the issue here... I would also suggest that you should try using VCDS if you can for reading faults... most generic code readers will not actually pick up all VAG fault codes

<tuffty/>

Reactions: yoursixx
lovely thanks mate.. I will check the fuse box in the morning.. I am guessing the fuses to chack are the ones by the drivers door. ?

Good morning I have checked every fuse in the fuse box and they are all good.. also checked the connector under the battery tray to the gearbox ... and that seems fine and connected ....