Speedo stopped working and fuel gauge !

NIGE28

Reaction score
Seems my speedo has stopped working and my fuel gauge goes down when you acclerate and up when you brake !
I've had a search and seems it's either the vss or the speedometer drive gear which is in the diff casing ? I don't have anyway of logging any error codes.

Can anyone shed any light on the drive gear ring and what's needed to change it ?

Thank you ! Can I get one from motex ? Or does it need to be genuine audi

Scanned for fault codes to confirm? faulty speed sensor will throw a code...

No idea who motex are but pattern parts can be hit and miss... not sure who makes the OE sensor...

They are not cheap iirc, might be worth trying the ASN parts request for a decent price on a genuine item..

<tuffty/>

Cheers tuffty purchasing one next week so I can diagnose in future. Motex are a motor factors like gsf and euro car parts I have a friend who works there so I get discount. Will put a request out on here , where's the correct section ?

Is there a reason why I can't post anything on that thread ?

You have to find the 'Submit New Parts Request' link

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/support-tickets/open

I recently bought a genuine one which was just shy of £50 a couple of months ago. It might be worth disconnecting the electrical plug first on the sensor and check/clean the contacts, when I swapped mine I found the terminals were slightly corroded and needed cleaning although in my case I think I need to replace the wiring harness aswell as it is still playing up even after fitting the new sensor

Steve