Spent some time with the car.

jerseypaul

Reaction score
Hi gang.
Managed to get some time driving this weekend and up to around 1200 miles now.
Started to wind the motor out now to the redline where appropriate.
60 comes up so quickly ( yeah I know around 4.5 secs) and the braking is really impressive.
Really liking the suspension set up - the right balance between ride quality and control.
Totally different feel to the S3
this engine is so flexible, so pleased I went with my gut instinct to go ahead with the purchase.
i do see this car as a keeper as the new shape A3 really doesn't do anything for me.
they look like an A1 a4 hybrid.

Couldn't agree more jerseypaul, I know exactly how you feel as I too came from a tuned S3 and remember thinking when Audi announced the RS3 - "a standard RS3 won't be that much different" from my then, current S3 - boy was I wrong.

Truly a wolf in sheeps clothing. To most on the road its merely an A3 or at best a sporty looking one, but to the would-be owner or indeed owners from the dark side, it gets the heads turning big time and unless you know you would never guess the fastest production RS from Audi.

For me it ticks all my boxes and with a few well chosen extras I don't see the cabin as dated as many of the reviews.

Cheers.

Couldn't agree more jerseypaul, I know exactly how you feel as I too came from a tuned S3 and remember thinking when Audi announced the RS3 - "a standard RS3 won't be that much different" from my then, current S3 - boy was I wrong.

Truly a wolf in sheeps clothing. To most on the road its merely an A3 or at best a sporty looking one, but to the would-be owner or indeed owners from the dark side, it gets the heads turning big time and unless you know you would never guess the fastest production RS from Audi.

For me it ticks all my boxes and with a few well chosen extras I don't see the cabin as dated as many of the reviews.

Cheers.

I dont get why the press rag on the interior, its nearly identical to the TT which they never complain about. I have spent a lot of time in the new A4 and A5 recently and its easily as good in terms of quality.

and to the opp once run in many people are timing the RS3 at around 4.0 60 on vpower, dynalicious showed mine at 4.1 :) a couple have seen high 3s (including evo) with proper timing gear

Totally agree.

I have an S3 stronic while they sort mine and whilst it feels like a go cart its got nothing on the RS (sorry if that offends).

I agree about the balance between ride quality and control. I did a few family run around trips this weekend and the car is just as composed 5 up as when I'm on my own which is what makes it such a good all rounder. Because it's quiet and refined, when you want it to be, you can still get a move on when needed and the passengers remain blissfully unaware.

I do like the double take people seem to give the car. First look seems to be 'oh it's just a sporty A3' then comes the double take and either staring, grin or thumbs up! Local kids have also given it the 'nice car mate' approval!