Spiders inside car!

SteRossA3

Reaction score
I've had my A3 since August and over the last month or so I've had 3 decent size spiders in my car.

I have a phobia of them and they keep running out at me whilst driving! It's a crash waiting to happen.

Does anyone have any idea where they can be coming in? I've never had this issue before with any other car.

It's going into Audi in the morning for them to check pollen filter and possibly air pipes.

Picture of last one

image.jpg

That looks mahoosive!!! And slightly poisonous!!!

Probably a common garden spider , better that than a false widow falling on to your crotch .

Reactions: Wondering Soul
I don't get how or why they're getting in though? No one else seems to have the issue and I've never had it before!

Occasionally get one inside but when I think about it it's only after a period when the car has been open for a bit whilst I'm working on it..

Friend has an A1 and noticed a few inside over a two week period, he took it back to Audi for them to check as you have suggested and they found a right little nest in the pollen filter. Sorry to drop the bomb lol

Well it's going back in the morning so hopefully they find something and get rid of it! Just out of interest did they get rid of it for your friend and did it solve the problem?

Yeah they replaced the pollen filter and all has been good since. His car was sat in the forecourt for over a month waiting for him to pick it up as he got caught up with work overseas. Maybe they got time to get in there with no air movement etc but who knows really!

Filter was filled with web, looked like something from a Halloween party!

Edit: also had an almost written off Subaru on our premises for ages, when I was taking pieces off to scrap and get rid that thing had a serious insect problem! Seems more common in the colder months.

Spiders make hay in cloudy and wet weather, so except a rise of them. But then the harsh and cold winters kill them off. Last year wasn't a particularly cold winter so a lot of them survived, here's hoping for snow and Arctic conditions

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Blimey between running over foxes and freezing spiders, there isn't much love for wildlife on this forum is there!

In the words of Jack Nicholson..."Can't we all just....get along?!"

Reactions: SmileyS3 and Wondering Soul
They don't bother me! :)

Have had a couple in the drivers side wing mirror for a few cleans now, how they have survived multiple snow foam sessions I don't know..even comes out and makes himself seen when I'm on the motorway sometimes!

And touch wood I've never actually hit anything in my own car! Had a few close calls around residential areas with cats but they've all left with their 9 lives intact!

Up until the last few weeks it was breeding season for the cretins,so they and there webs where everywhere....l would go out to my car it would be covered in webs and had only been washed the day before.
Yeah winter chases them away from the cars and into the house's lol

Blimey between running over foxes and freezing spiders, there isn't much love for wildlife on this forum is there!

I hit a dog with my 8V. It darted out on the road right towards the direction I was headed, didn't have time to slow down.

The mut knocked out my outter foglightless grill of my 8V, ended up replacing it for about $60.

and I once had a spider live in the mirror of my 8V or somewhere around the wiperblade space. Till I killed him with my snow brush/scraper.

I hit a dog with my 8V. It darted out on the road right towards the direction I was headed, didn't have time to slow down.

The mut knocked out my outter foglightless grill of my 8V, ended up replacing it for about $60.

and I once had a spider live in the mirror of my 8V or somewhere around the wiperblade space. Till I killed him with my snow brush/scraper.

Why are you telling me this...?!

spiders might hide in the gaps between the door and the cabin and pop in when the door is opened. I spray the area near the door hinges with an insecticide and wipe the door seals with the same. Aussie spiders can be deadly

Of course you could always put a bird in the car to catch the spider.... but then you would need a cat, then a dog, goat, cow, horse etc. On balance, better just squash it.

Reactions: SmileyS3 and Jassyo06