Split folding seats in Non split folding car

samuelt

Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a set of 60/40 split folding rear seats into a A4 saloon that does not have split folding rear seats?

thanks

Pretty sure some people have done it. I'm sure I saw a photo guide on here. Try a search

Yes its been done before, trouble comes with the rear seat mounts iirc so make sure you look for avant seats if you've got an avant and saloon seats if you've got a saloon to save bother!!

I thought I would have to cut the pannel not to bothered about that, but does the rear seats work exactly like a factory standard 60/40 seat after it is fitted?

id love to do this in mine aswell, its **** that they dont come factory standard!!!

I thought I would have to cut the pannel not to bothered about that, but does the rear seats work exactly like a factory standard 60/40 seat after it is fitted?
Once all the brackets are fitted yes.
It's amazing how much crap you can fit in there once you drop the back seats.

id love to do this in mine aswell, its **** that they dont come factory standard!!!

At least it was an option!

A few years ago we were thinking of an Alfa 156 but split fold seats weren't even available.

At least it was an option!

A few years ago we were thinking of an Alfa 156 but split fold seats weren't even available.

Damn thats **** aint it, why not!!
Its not like it slows production down eh!!:huh:

i agree. shame it wasn't standard..i find the a4 no good for airport runs.. i can't get the cases in...theres enough room in the boot but because of the opening being restrictive you can't actually get the cases in. if the seats could fold it'd make it so much more useful.
Plus i do alot of house alarms/rewires on my days off, and fitting 3m lengths of trunking in can be a ****! hence why i got myself some roof bars!
should've bought a navara in all honesty!