Split Rim Alloys

danrst171

Reaction score
Hi all,

On my Audi I have (what I believe are) 18" Speedline split rims. They're all solid but need some TLC. I like them, but they don't really fit what I'm doing with my car so I might look at selling them.

I wondered if anyone knows whether it'd be better to get them refurbished and then look at selling them or just get rid as is and how much roughly they go for? I see there is a set on ebay currently that need new tyres for £450 and they're not in great shape either...is that a reasonable price?

Cheers,
Dan

I’ve got some that I’ll be selling soon which are immaculate as I had them refurbed and they’ve got 4 decent tyres on but I’m not expecting to get too much for them as they’re old wheels now.
If I were you id just get rid of them for whatever price you can get for them and be happy with it. They’re a pain in the back side to get refurbished properly as not many people want to touch them because sometimes the bolts snap or the threads go in them so it’s not worth spending money on getting them refurbed (if you can find someone that will do it) to then sell them.

In top condition with good tyres expect £800+

rough about half that.

I think they look really smart, when I get mine done again I’ll get the rims painted instead of polished. They’re a **** to keep pristine.

I’ve got some that I’ll be selling soon which are immaculate as I had them refurbed and they’ve got 4 decent tyres on but I’m not expecting to get too much for them as they’re old wheels now.
If I were you id just get rid of them for whatever price you can get for them and be happy with it. They’re a pain in the back side to get refurbished properly as not many people want to touch them because sometimes the bolts snap or the threads go in them so it’s not worth spending money on getting them refurbed (if you can find someone that will do it) to then sell them.
Interested to see them and what you might want for them.

Interested to see them and what you might want for them.
They’re the black ones in my profile picture if you can see them well enough in the picture. They’re powder coated black with new split rim bolts and 4 good tyres

I like the idea of a shiny silver set with polished lip, massive pain to do mind you.

Did rebuild a set of BBS RMs a while back with success

I like the idea of a shiny silver set with polished lip, massive pain to do mind you.

I ended up doing mine myself because I couldnt find anyone interested in doing them that wouldn’t charge a fortune

Some crazy prices for mashed up ones on eBay, think I saw somewhere offering a split rim refurb price of £90 per wheel.

That was on the assumption you would drop them off split and get them back split. Basically a lot of work!

Some crazy prices for mashed up ones on eBay, think I saw somewhere offering a split rim refurb price of £90 per wheel.

That was on the assumption you would drop them off split and get them back split. Basically a lot of work!
Yeah you’re better off splitting them and putting them back together yourself. You just have to hope that none of the bolts snap when taking them out.
If I were you I’d buy a rubbish set off eBay and do them yourself if you’ve done some similar ones before

I wouldn’t polish the lip. Any stone chip and the rim starts to corrode, as I’m finding out. When I get mine redone I will get the rim painted with the polished effect paint. More durable in the long run. I’ve been speaking to a few places and they have all recommended this. Easier too than getting them diamond cut, polished and lacquered.

I wouldn’t polish the lip. Any stone chip and the rim starts to corrode, as I’m finding out. When I get mine redone I will get the rim painted with the polished effect paint. More durable in the long run. I’ve been speaking to a few places and they have all recommended this. Easier too than getting them diamond cut, polished and lacquered.
Makes a lot of sense and a good shout. There’s a reason why almost all for sale look terrible...

I have an immaculate set never been on car still boxed the now
2b152d6d592b2dd117ab3a603b5fb563.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I have an immaculate set never been on car still boxed the now
2b152d6d592b2dd117ab3a603b5fb563.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The Audi A3/A6 BBS Speedlines are different to yours

Attachments

• 67E67674-4B17-459A-B103-76AE05C72C59.jpeg
    67E67674-4B17-459A-B103-76AE05C72C59.jpeg
    827 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: abmat