Sport or S line suspension

Jooles

Reaction score
I assumed that the S line A4's all had lowered suspension which on one hand they do as the standard S line is called Sport and 20mm lower but 'S line' suspension is 30mm lower and optional. My question is how do I know which I have? My car is a 2012 S line facelift. The photo is from the 2012 model year brochure.
Thanks
0e81219bb755844d625e71903f1f2d08.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

S-line exists as two kits. Interior and/or exterior. Sport has 20 mm lowered suspension, and has nothing to do with S-line. S-line suspension has 30 mm lowered suspension.

Look for the option code '1BV'. This, i believe, is the 30mm drop. '1BE' is the 20mm drop.
I'm confused now as theres a 1BE so thats a 20mm drop but A4B8KO4 says all S lines are lowered 30mm? The first photo is of part of the page that lists the additions ofthe S line over the Sport
fc24a4f0e2286e92e1323f088235f9e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

No I didn't say all S-lines have 30 mm drop. I said you have to have the S-line suspension for that. JUst because you have S-line printed on your seats, doesn't mean you also have S-line suspension.

I've just come across this difference in the codes preparing to replace the shock absorbers on my A6 C7.
Turns out mine is fitted with option 1BV so has the 30mm drop.
I'm not looking to lower the car any further but I need to replace the shock absorbers. Would there be a difference in shocks for this vs. 1BE suspension?

I was considering OEM shocks if I can find out what brand they are (don't intend to buy them through Audi really). or Bilstein B6's.
But now I know the car is lowered from factory, perhaps I'd need to consider Bilstein B8 shocks?

I've just come across this difference in the codes preparing to replace the shock absorbers on my A6 C7.
Turns out mine is fitted with option 1BV so has the 30mm drop.
I'm not looking to lower the car any further but I need to replace the shock absorbers. Would there be a difference in shocks for this vs. 1BE suspension?

I was considering OEM shocks if I can find out what brand they are (don't intend to buy them through Audi really). or Bilstein B6's.
But now I know the car is lowered from factory, perhaps I'd need to consider Bilstein B8 shocks?
Contact Damian at @DPM : he’ll help you.

Reactions: DPM