SPORT V S LINE

scott b

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
exterior wise the only difference i can see are rear bumper, twin exit exhaust, badges and side skirts

is there any other differences as im going down the s line look with my avant

cheers

door blades ( which u may be classing as side skirts ), springs i thing are different too, also the front lower bumper should be different too

ive got the door blades all ready.

was looking at a s line and the front bumper looks the same as mine

mine
14052010048.jpg

the door blades, i think they are S LINE
14052010047.jpg

If you didn't do it it looks like the former owner did. I have the sport saloon, but it doesn't come with that front or door blades.

You need to be careful what you refer to as S-Line. I'm 99% sure (lostbok? ..... Bub?....) that true S-Lines are all 190 1.8T's and have the badges front and rear, and also in the rear doors - and the uber expensive door shut kickplates.

However the later model Sport's (late 03 on) came with the S-Line 'style' front and rear lower bumper and door blades.

Any S-Line equipped 1.9 or 2.5 etc is just that, an "S-Line style Sport" - but it's not a true S-Line.

I have been told there is no S-Line in the B6 per se - but that the SPORT model is sometimes referred to as S-Line

apparently its the same thing. If your car has door moulding then you are already S-Line.

Correct me if I am wrong.

S Line was only offically offered for the 1.8T run out model (190BHP). Cosmetically apart from the bumpers and door blades, it had RS6 style 18" alloys. and some interior changes including door sill plates embossed 'S Line' and a perforated leather steering wheel with 'S Line' badge and perforated leather gear knob.

The B6 Sport models that came out in 2004 where offered with the quattro GmbH kit as a no cost option which consisted of front and rear bumper and door blades akin to the 'S Line'. We all just refer to it as S Line kit as it's effectively the same thing, the diesel's just have hidden exhausts. :blahblah1:

So if your car is a 2004 model the body kit will be factory fitted if it's prior to this time it could have been retrofitted. What year is your car Scott B?

Correct me if I am wrong.

You're wrong I'm afraid. :(

The sell out B6 models before the S-Line became common place in the B7 range were badged as S-Lines - they all came with the 1.8T 190 engine, the front and rear bumpers, plus S-Line badges as I said, and also S-Line kick plates. If any other model than a 190 has an S-Line badge then it's a retrofit not a genuine one.

Well said Marc :applaus:

Last edited:
S Line was only offically offered for the 1.8T run out model (190BHP). Cosmetically apart from the bumpers and door blades, it had RS6 style 18" alloys. and some interior changes including door sill plates embossed 'S Line' and a perforated leather steering wheel with 'S Line' badge and perforated leather gear knob.

All above is 100% true they made a run for 1 year only in 2004 all model's are 190bhp only. After 2004 Audi stuck the s-line badge on almost everything that rolled out of the factory .

good stuff - that should clear up a few things..

not sure whoz car it is but its probably one of the best B6's Ive seen and its blue so I just had to keep a picture of it! then it magically became my avatar!

theres a chap selling side skirts on ebay but he is certain they wont fit the S Line model.. something to do with the door moulding on the sport / s line. Is this true?

The B6 Sport models that came out in 2004 where offered with the quattro GmbH kit as a no cost option which consisted of front and rear bumper and door blades akin to the 'S Line'. We all just refer to it as S Line kit as it's effectively the same thing, the diesel's just have hidden exhausts. :blahblah1:

So if your car is a 2004 model the body kit will be factory fitted if it's prior to this time it could have been retrofitted. What year is your car Scott B?

mine is a 54 plate, so one of the last

Scott if your's is a 2004 Sport then thats why it would have come fitted with the gmbh (S-Line style) front and rear valance.

theres a chap selling side skirts on ebay but he is certain they wont fit the S Line model.. something to do with the door moulding on the sport / s line. Is this true?

Its quite probably yes, door blades and side skirts aren't always compatible.

mine is a 54 plate, so one of the last

SNAP (54) AKOYA SILVER.. Inc perforated item's . Scott does your steering wheel have the small S-Line badge also .

You need to be careful what you refer to as S-Line. I'm 99% sure (lostbok? ..... Bub?....) that true S-Lines are all 190 1.8T's and have the badges front and rear, and also in the rear doors - and the uber expensive door shut kickplates.

However the later model Sport's (late 03 on) came with the S-Line 'style' front and rear lower bumper and door blades.

Any S-Line equipped 1.9 or 2.5 etc is just that, an "S-Line style Sport" - but it's not a true S-Line.

saves me typing.... thanks, James :) For B6's that's 100% correct.

lots of late model genuine OEM Sport models that have the S-line look save a few badges and metal embossed kick-plates...

stuck s-line badges on my b6, everyone who see's it tinks its an s-line when its actually a sport,, but momma says thats just a little white lie so it wont hurt nobody!!:moa:
incidently mines an 05 plate b6 avant,, that the insurance compny where trying to tell me must be a ringer cos the b6 avant wasn't available on 05 plates?????
it was squeeky bum tme for a moment!:scared2:

Last edited:
^ me too, just the one. Insurance company told me mine was a quattro. Wish it had been, lol

if i type my reg in on most online insurance forms it cant find the car??????????

dont get me started james,,, already got me paranoid,,, good news is im the 2nd owner and have the origional documentation form leeds audi!!!
if it does turn out to be a ringer,, leeds audi are gunna need a new show room window cos im gunna go and stick there 4 rings straight up there "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP"!
:lmfao:

I have just bought an 54 plate A4 avant sport tdi and have put s line badges on the rear door strips, should i be shot for doing this?

Ha I wouldn't get paranoid! 05 B6's are rare but they are about, as are 54 plate B7's.

I have just bought an 54 plate A4 avant sport tdi and have put s line badges on the rear door strips, should i be shot for doing this?

Haha I'd not worry, as long as you're not trying to sell it as an 'S-Line' then it doesn't matter, and the badges do finish them off quite nicely often.

dont know if i can get away with swearing at you lot on this site,, but i am a plumber so i think ill just Say
"BALLCOCKS" to the lot of yer!:laugh:

i have the sport and love the s.line badges so i got me some and cut the line bit off and stuck them on with just the s and part of the silver and then put an s badge from the s4 on the back looks goooooooooooooooooddddddddd i think and not making it any thing its not as s stands for sport :racer:

Leaky lloyd.. Good name for a plumber?!!? :)
car looks well too!

Back on thread: Aren't S-Lines a cockhair lower as well?

Yes 25mm lower. I have a question to those who have added the s-line kit's or badges to there car's, why not just buy the real deal as they are at an affordable price range now..