Sportback 2.0 TDi (140) with 67k - cambelt change?

Adz

Reaction score
Hi there,
Im hoping to go and look at a Sportback 2.0 TDI (140) at the weekend, it has 67K on the clock as supposedly Full Service History.

Shall I be asking if the cambelt and water pump have been changed at the last service? or is it not due yet? ive read mixed opinions quite briefly on here, some say 60k or 4 yr old and some say 80k or 5 yr old.

If its due to be done quite soon, Ill try to get a bit of money knocked off the price of the car to go towards the costs.

Also is there anything else I should be looking at, as this is my first Audi and my first Diesel car!

Can anyone clarify the recommended cambelt change intervals?

Thanks
Adam

Its 80k normally, I just did mine recently at 88k. Alternator tensioner and pulley are common faults so look out for them. If you can plug in vag-com am sure something will popup :icon_thumright:

Audi now recommend 75k or 5 years, they also print it on their invoices as a reminder.

Cam belt replacement and water pump change (highly recommended that it is changed at the same time) just cost me £461 at an Audi main dealer, so you can always use that as a bargaining point to knock the price down.

Paul

Im still a bit undecided about the car, its more miles than what I was after, but its also 200 mile away so id have to do a 400 mile round trip on saturday!!

Its 1 one of the colours I like, but its the mileage and distance that puts me off slightly. This is the one in question...... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../2/postcode/ts260yz/keywords/s line?logcode=p

There is however a blue one approx 120 miles closer, its a tad more than what I have to spend but its only done 44k!! Which seems like a no brainer to be honest! So im going to ring today to arrange to view it at the weekend.

£410 is less than what I was expecting to be honest, ill keep it in mind for the future though.

Hi Adam,

I have recently had mine changed and they recommend 75K.

I would agree, check the alternator as mine failed completely at around the same mileage you have there (60 ish) and had to be replaced completely.

Also, check CV boot joints, front bushes and gearbox mounts.