Sportback discounts

lee_fr200

Reaction score
ive heard some people are getting good discounts but when I enquired I'm told no discounts available

Gone on carwow and virtually every dealer says no discount apart from Stockport who have offered 3%

Where's the best place to go?
Also what's the lead time on cars as my current pcp is up in 18 month will this car still be around then or is another rs3 to be expected shortly?

Cheers

Contact Scott Virgo at Worcester Audi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: billymc92, lee_fr200 and Aoon_M
Some massive discounts around if you're willing to ring around. I was offered 8+%. Someone on here got nearly 10% I recall.

I'm prepared to go anywhere if the discounts good enough, lol

I managed just over 10% discount in total with GAP, Lifeshine and 5 year warranty all part of the deal. I do know the Sales Mgr. though so that helped.

I did read somewhere that dealers only see around a 12% markup on the RS3... not sure how much truth there is in that though.

I got a 3% discount from Northampton Audi, they were happy to match the discount offered on Carwow.

Go and drive one..

I am doing at the weekend, I test drive a s3 18 month ago and whilst I liked it, it wasn't an RS and I rly want to scratch that itch!

Wish they were still available in sepang though

Reactions: AudiNutta
I am doing at the weekend, I test drive a s3 18 month ago and whilst I liked it, it wasn't an RS and I rly want to scratch that itch!

Wish they were still available in sepang though

Is Ara that much different from Sepang? If you're desperate, I'm sure Sepang can be painted as an Exclusive colour

Spoke to Scott at Worcester, no discounts available

I'm guessing when my time comes to order though there probably will be some available but at least I know where it currently stands

Is Ara that much different from Sepang? If you're desperate, I'm sure Sepang can be painted as an Exclusive colour

I wouldn't pay 2400 for paint, I think the standard colours are alright enough

I wouldn't pay 2400 for paint, I think the standard colours are alright enough

Depends on what you're after, I wanted something a bit different from the norm so went Exclusive

That's the email he sent me

Attachments

• IMG_4404.PNG
    IMG_4404.PNG
    262.6 KB · Views: 481
Go get a quote from your local dealer and Scott will do his best to beat it

Yeah will do, Stockport offered 3.3% off
I'm guessing when I order though in the next 6-8 month there will be possibly some discount by then

I've been offered £5k off a s3 so would be nice to get hat amount off a rs product, basically covers the cost of ceramics anyway

I got 4% yesterday on a saloon but could of got 5-6% if I rang round but wanted to stick with local Audi to me.
I know most have stock cars in different spec with big discounts to be had.

I got 4% yesterday on a saloon but could of got 5-6% if I rang round but wanted to stick with local Audi to me.
I know most have stock cars in different spec with big discounts to be had.

Which dealer? I'm going to my local in an hour

Been down to my local dealer

They got my preferred colour (ara blue with lunar sss)

Wow

That noise is worth it alone! Yep I'm sold she's going to let me have one for half a day on 1st December

Reactions: AudiNutta
Which dealer? I'm going to my local in an hour

The best places to get the biggest discounts are with the smaller group dealers, especially those that are privately owned. I know this because I contacted every single dealership in the country and all 800+ new car sales executives/managers working at these dealerships to see what the best deal they could offer and found ALL the smaller dealers were the most generous. Forget the big multinational groups such as Inchcape (the largest group in the UK) & Sytner, they offered very little and you can eliminate Lookers group from your search, they are not worth a look in as it seems they have a group wide policy of 0% discount on RS models. Also leave out any dealership in Scotland, they will not discount the RS3 (or at least at the time they weren't). It might be different for those who are an existing customer at any of these dealership who might get a decent loyalty discount, but generally speaking you are likely to be disappointed with any discount they can offer you.

Waiting beyond March next year in the hope of bigger discounts might not be a good idea and if anything, you may end up having to pay more. Since the announcement of Brexit nearly every car manufacturer has increased their prices across the board as a result of the falling £, the exception being VAG, Mercedes & BMW. With the odds of a no deal exit from the EU increasing this last month to the highest level yet, there is now reports predicting that they too are to follow soon by increasing prices across the range (average £1,500) and are only holding out to see what comes of the Brexit negotiations, crunch time being March next year. You also have to remember, the UK already has the cheapest base price for the RS3 in the world, even cheaper than the US who do not include sales tax in their base price (apart from a few states who pay 0% to very little).

Preston but I’m sure others will do it just keep them talking and wear them down lol

Yes, Preston Audi, owned by Swansway Group which is one of the smaller groups, they offered me 8% off.

Reactions: Dodgygtr
Yes, Preston Audi, owned by Swansway Group which is one of the smaller groups, they offered me 8% off.

Who did you deal with there
And do you have an email for the salesman/woman, cheers

Rly was beaut

Attachments

• IMG_4410.JPG
    IMG_4410.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 373
Who did you deal with there
And do you have an email for the salesman/woman, cheers

Just sent you a PM with the contact details of the sales person at Preston Audi.

Although in the end I did not buy with Preston Audi as another dealer trumped the discount offered by them just an hour before I was about to conclude the deal with Preston with a £5275 discount (9.5%) that has since risen to £6220 (just over 11%) because I realised only afterwards like some others on this forum the dealer did not invoice me for the additional £400 tax that is levied on the upgraded alloys/tyres and since told me I won't have to worry about it. They also applied £545 discount for the 'sport pack' which wasn't available at the time I ordered.

Waiting beyond March next year in the hope of bigger discounts might not be a good idea and if anything, you may end up having to pay more.
And they tend to be time limited production runs; lot of people missed the PFL as they simply left it too late to order.

TX.

Reactions: zaka7
If I miss it then I miss it I liked the previous rs3 and love this one too, I can't see the price rising too much as they're already pricey for what they are, they said there's no new model coming over next 2yrs so I should be ok

Just sent you a PM with the contact details of the sales person at Preston Audi.

Although in the end I did not buy with Preston Audi as another dealer trumped the discount offered by them just an hour before I was about to conclude the deal with Preston with a £5275 discount (9.5%) that has since risen to £6220 (just over 11%) because I realised only afterwards like some others on this forum the dealer did not invoice me for the additional £400 tax that is levied on the upgraded alloys/tyres and since told me I won't have to worry about it. They also applied £545 discount for the 'sport pack' which wasn't available at the time I ordered.
Could you send me the details please.
Do you know if they have any in soon as my current deal has fallen through as car got damaged during shipping

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

But if the prices creep up too high they run the risk of sales dipping even further.

New car sales are already down so it would not take a lot to push them down further.

Then it could be a good time to push a good deal.

But if the prices creep up too high they run the risk of sales dipping even further.

New car sales are already down so it would not take a lot to push them down further.

My thoughts exactly I'm hoping in 6 month time when I'm due to order sales have slowed and good discounts to be had

Could you send me the details please.
Do you know if they have any in soon as my current deal has fallen through as car got damaged during shipping

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

PM Sent.

I don’t think Audi are too concerned about the UK sales dipping, they are focusing more in the ever-growing **** and American markets that are worth more to them and investing heavily in those areas. Nothing will be better in terms of discounts in six months, probably the opposite. Now is the time to strike! It’s no secret that the last quarter of the year is the dealers slowest time for sales and traditionally the period when they are more likely to offer a better deal if only to hit end of year targets which can sometimes be more important to them than actually turning a decent profit, as was the case with my dealer. We can easily work out that the demand for the FL RS3 is not what Audi had hoped for, if it was then no dealer would need to discount it so soon, especially when they have very limited allocation. With sales falling sharply this year and expected to continue throughout next year too, Audi will of course review sale targets they expect of dealers in 2018 and lower accordingly. This could mean dealers not under as much pressure to meet those targets and less reluctant to give discounts. Only weeks ago Worcester Audi were giving many people on this forum discounts of around 5% on the RS3 and now they are telling people they are no longer discounting the RS3/TTRS??

Also consider this, since the EU referendum in June last year, Ford & Vauxhall (like many other manufacturers) have been increasing prices on their entire range almost on a monthly basis and the CEO's of each blamed the devaluation of sterling as the reason. The best 3 selling cars in the UK (Fiesta, Corsa & Focus) have all increased in price by over 20% compared to what they would have cost you only June last year. Last time Audi increased their prices across the range (average 2%) due to exchange rate fluctuation was in 2010 and it was nowhere near as bad then as it is now. At current exchange rates, the base price of the RS3 is £4,000 more in Germany, they also do not get any of the below equipment as standard like us in the UK or anything else to make up for it, it's all optional ....

Heated front seats - €340
DAB radio - €300
Virtual cockpit - €310
Audi smartphone interface - €350
Connectivity package - €890
Audi connect 3 years subscription - €350
Audi sound system - €255
Auto dimming interior mirror - €255
Heated exterior mirrors - €125
Cruise control (just standard not adaptive) - €300
MMI navigation plus with MMI touch - €2490

That’s €6000/£5,000 of extras we get included. So if you factor that in too, it means the car is a massive £9,000 cheaper here in the UK than the country they are manufactured in! Why should this be so? They even pay slightly less VAT than us.

If no real progress is made between the UK and EU by end of March next year on Brexit, then it’s accepted by both the EU and UK government that we will likely leave the EU in March 2019 without a trade deal as six months will not be enough time to negotiate a deal and they need at least six months to ratify any agreements before we officially leave the EU. This is when the £ is likely to nosedive further and when Audi are likely to hike their prices, I expect by at least 3% as they will not be able to sustain current prices with a further weakening £. If this is the eventual outcome, then it will be bad news for those of us who want to buy an imported car from the EU from April 2019 as it will mean 10% tariff’s, pushing the base price of the RS3 to £50k+, but maybe good news for current owners who will see their cars residuals remain very strong.