Sportback Rear LED's

Definately worth it!!!!,
Tail lamps and forge quickshift were my two fave mods,
they will be missed ALOT:crying:

Looms £55 inc postage from kufatec but their customer service was garbage for a while,
well worth the £240 ish cost total(lights&harnesses),
Or i'm sure we could do a deal that would save you some pound notes :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
sorry folks prices went up few months ago! Can't remember what audi prices are right now.. kool_bouy got me in contact with someone who got me mine for about £230ish
then you gotta get the kufatec adaptors for about £60

still well worth it!
img00165201003212231.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
:rockwoot:

Looms £55 inc postage from kufatec but their customer service was garbage for a while,
well worth the £240 ish cost total(lights&harnesses),
Or i'm sure we could do a deal that would save you some pound notes :icon_thumright:

PM sent mate...

Can anyone tell me the part number and UK prices for just the INNER LED tail lights? (the ones which mount on the tailgate/hatch as opposed to the outer sections which mount to the rear wing corners).

Cheers,

Keith

8P4 945 095 E (left outer tail light)
8P4 945 096 E (right outer tail light)
8P4 945 093 D (left inner tail light)
8P4 945 094 D (right inner tail light)

There you go bud!

Sorry to act the mong.................but does every SB from 2009 have the LED lights as standard and the people that are fitting them have pre-2009 cars? Is this correct?

Go to Central Electornics on VAG COM and go to coding -> help with long coding

Btye 9 to Dec = 0
Byte 10 to Dec = 0
Byte 12 to Dec = 36 or 48 if you want them to be brighter
Byte 19 Bit 2 Cold Diagnosis rear active

Does this mean you can choose the brightness?
What is the normal setting of the cars with these fitted as standard?
If you can make them brighter then will these affect the lifespan of the LED's or anything?

The inner LEDs are at full brightness, since in the retorfit, the LED are connected to the license plate lights for power.

The outer LEDs are the ones that has its brightness varied, and when I had it set to 36 and tried to take a picture of it to get its brightness level, I could see a lot of flickering on the camera's display, indicating that it is flashing very fast to vary its brightness. BTW, the outer LED with a setting of 36 is roughly 1.5 EV lower than the inner tail, which probably translates to 36% brightness of the inner LEDs. The brightness difference is slight, but noticeable. You would think something almost 3x brighter is really noticeable, but it is not.

Thanks LWNY.
I wonder why there is the option to set it to a lower brightness. Has everyone else that has done this mod set there's to 48?

Thanks LWNY.
I wonder why there is the option to set it to a lower brightness. Has everyone else that has done this mod set there's to 48?
The proper retrofit is probably to have the inner LEDs hook up with on the same circuit as the outer LEDs. This way, varying the brightness will change all the LEDs. But somehow the shortcut of hooking up the inner LED to the license plate lights prevents that from happening. Anyway, the brightness is not so noticeable that people are rerouting the inner LEDs. When I got it set up initially in the daytime, I thought with the 36 setting, the outer LEDs seemed a tad brighter than the inners (a buddy of mine also had his done and he set it forty something). It was only in the dark that the inner might seem slightly brighter, and was confirmed when I used the camera for measurements.

Little help please guys .My paper work says byte 19 bit cold diagnosis rear active -it must be disabled?
Yet on here it says =
Byte 19 Bit 2 Cold Diagnosis rear active - this must be activated

Im thinking my translated paperwork is wrong ?

Cheers for any help

You DO need to disable this. If you don't then every time you turn the ignition on it will run a diagnostic check of the rear lights, causing your LED rings to flash half a dozen times.
I checked this with Nigel and he confirmed that the diagnostic isn't needed for LED lights, so disable it.
I did this on mine and they work perfectly.

My pleasure. It's nice to be able to help after just being the one asking the questions until now.
How you liking the lights? I keep going out there just to have another look at them in low light levels. I'm turning my sidelights on everytime the sun goes in at the moment, it's one of the reasons I wanted a sportback!

Hi all just completed this mod and works great, when coding i guessed you change the highlighted value in the "dec" box on the right of the screen and do it, it must be right as all works.

Hey guys hoping you could help I have put some new led lights in my a3 I got the wiring adapter from a German supplier and had them vcd coded but only one side lights up am sure the adapters are set up right as one said r and one said L I prosume that means right from the back left from the back ? Anyway only one side being the left led lights up and on the boot lights only the right one does which both boot lights are wired to the licence plate any help would be much apricated thanks guys .??????

maybe you can unplug the dongle and double check the way the wires run from one plug to the other, that they are in fact a mirror image of one another.

Right thanks for the reply will be trying this weakened and get back to you.Is it possible they have not been coded properly all though one side is lighting up but it's the left side did try swapping the adapters when first fitted but just but both rear bulbs where on no LEDs !! Am only getting one rear boot light coming on from the number plate light also , and starting to wonder if the LEDs are broke is there anyway to test them thanks again for any advice.

i remember the lights working properly as soon as they were plugged in, with no coding. The coding only turns off the inner light and use it for braking only, out light LED brightness, use of don't use inner light for fog light, etc.

LEDs aren't light light bulbs, they don't easily break. The only thing you can try is try the tail light that is not working on the other side, by using the dongle for the apropriate light, and vice versa.

TBH kufa adapters have a reputation for sometimes being wired wrong, hence why I fit oem wiring with no adapters, so check this at 1st, then check rest.

Thanks for the replys guys have checked all the wiring tried swithching all the adapters but still no joy and just pritty sure when the guy was rushing the program with the vcds he has missed some thing as wiring all seems fine ! Any one know of a good vdc encoder am willing to pay realy frustrating now !!!!!

Thanks for the replys guys have checked all the wiring tried swithching all the adapters but still no joy and just pritty sure when the guy was rushing the program with the vcds he has missed some thing as wiring all seems fine ! Any one know of a good vdc encoder am willing to pay realy frustrating now !!!!!

Whereabouts are you located?

Sorry am in Liverpool but prepared to travel am desperate to sort this issue out thanks for any help guys