Sportback Wind Deflectors????

Inti786

Reaction score
I have the sportback in glacier white. I am in the market for some wind deflectors. Are there any wind deflectors for the sportback? If yes can someone shed some light into this for me!

Thanks!!:audibash:

Yes there are :) although the general consensus on this forum is that nobody likes them :p. On the other hand I do and there are two big names in the wind deflector business, Climair and Heko. They're both as good as eachother really, heko are slightly cheaper and they mold around the wing mirrors which looks quite good!

Do you just want the front or the back as well?

Here's a link to some front ones for your car:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wind-Defl...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c95b3c761

My car is a 3 door but here's an idea of what they will look like:

20150117_090339_zps61215370.jpg

DSC_0062_zpsd7ad9b2c.jpg

Hope it helps

Although a very individual taste, I also like the look of wind deflectors.

A few problems I found with my Climair on a previous vehicle though ...

• The window dosent always close correctly and you get some wind noise ...
  • Minor scratching was inflicted on the top 10mm or so of the window over time (Will always be hidden in the seals anyway)
  • They were stolen! In the process the thiefs damaging the seals on my my car.

My climairs did this on my old car, I forgot about that. The Heko one's don't though as they have little clips in the window channel that separate the window from the deflector so no scratching

If you don't mind wind noise............ Also water gets in when using a pressure wash. Both problems caused by a bad seal created by the wind deflectors. I had team heko's on my last car, looked great but the problems with the seal really annoyed me over time, the wind noise is really bad on high speed motorway drives, also caused problems with the electric windows, sometimes had to really mess about to get the window to go up! After a few months i decided i'd had enough so removed them, but the clips and the deflectors had changed the shape of the seals over time so i was stuck with wind noise and bad seals! I'll never get them again!

Yes there are :) although the general consensus on this forum is that nobody likes them :p. On the other hand I do and there are two big names in the wind deflector business, Climair and Heko. They're both as good as eachother really, heko are slightly cheaper and they mold around the wing mirrors which looks quite good!

Do you just want the front or the back as well?

Here's a link to some front ones for your car:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wind-Defl...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c95b3c761

My car is a 3 door but here's an idea of what they will look like:

20150117_090339_zps61215370.jpg

DSC_0062_zpsd7ad9b2c.jpg

Hope it helps

hi mate

will these fit the sportback? and any links for the rear doors?

cheers mate!!

I've got them on my crappy corolla the window seals went in the corners (common fault on the version of the corolla I have) was cheaper to stick Heko wind deflectors on than fork out for new seals + fitting.

That said... you get a lot of wind noise from them, and if they are fitted the same way as they are on my corolla, its sticky tape + 2 "wedges" with a barb on one side which bites into your window seal the wedge holds the deflector in place. Personally I wouldn't want to fit them again, certainly not on a new car.

I have the sportback in glacier white. I am in the market for some wind deflectors. Are there any wind deflectors for the sportback? If yes can someone shed some light into this for me!

Thanks!!:audibash:

I think wind deflectors look good on certain cars. I had them on my
Volkswagen Jetta. They looked really good on it. For some reason
I don't think they look good on Audi's.