Sportline springs fitted

marriedblonde

Reaction score
Finally had a free'ish weekend as Claire went to london for a couple of days to see her sister and catch a show. Forgotten how much stuff needed to doing to a new home, curtains, furniture, nursery, garden... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anyway spent a couple of hours saturday afternoon fitting my eibach sportline kit and here's the results The rides a but stuffer but certainly not cd skipping stiff! :

audi_2.jpg

audi_3.jpg

audi_4.jpg

audi_5.jpg

audi_6.jpg

Cracking stance, making me think now!

How much was the sportline kit? And did I hear you fitted it yourself! Well Impressed!

Thanks guys. I managed to get a decent price for them from a local supplier but they do normally do me a bit of a deal. I paid £125 all in for them.

Fitting is pretty straight forward and took me about 2 hours from start to finish.

J.

Mike,

I'll have a measure tonight, It's settled a little more since the pics where taken, lowered it saturday and photographed it sunday - had to wait til I had a a chance to clean it...

But I reckon about 20mmish all round compared to the ProKit so about 25mm from standard S-line height.

J.

Is there no end to this guys talents?!

How much would it have been fitted (for the less hands on car owners)??

J did you have the car 4 wheel alligned? Or are you waiting a few hundred miles?

[ QUOTE ]
J did you have the car 4 wheel alligned? Or are you waiting a few hundred miles?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet going to leave it a week so it has fully settled then get it done.

J.

Mate, that looks ace... thought you already had lowering springs when we met???

Yes I'd fitted the Eibach pro kit but the drop was only minimal - 8mm maybe and I wanted it a little lower hence the sportline kit. Which I think is pretty much spot on, lower without going to mad!

J.

your right looks perfect,does the kit lower the front more than the back,by the way,
the one's listed seem to lower the front about 10mm more than the back,

one last question mb,and the one that keeps putting me off of changing,how much stiffer are they compared to the standard s-line set up,i need to stop thinking and just get on with it.

The car looks pretty level now where as before it looked a bit backside high so althouugh the specs say it lowers the front more it doesn't seem to have done.

The ride is a little stiffer thant before with the Pro kit I had fitted before (which was better riding than the standard s-line) but it's not CD skipping hard if you know what I mean.

J.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there no end to this guys talents?!

How much would it have been fitted (for the less hands on car owners)??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most garages quote 2 hours labour so I would imagine about £100

J.

Yes still the original ones. I know some people say you shouldn;t but on my Golf Gti 1.8T I ran an eibach pro kit on standard shocks for 65K miles with out any issues.

If I am happy with the height this time round I may upgrade the dampers.

J.

How different is the S-Line suspension from the Sport then when doing something like this?? And how would it effect the handling/ride, etc..??

Hi

The Car looks fantastic!
I'm after springs to lower mine,

Looking at a couple of sites the eibach Sportline springs are not listed, only the proline range for that model and year.

Is there a mail order site that you can get them from at a reasonable price??

Cheers

Lee

right ,decided for definite,im gonna try the kw springs,which lower the car 40mm,a compromise between the eibach pro kit and the sportlines,

might take a while to fit though,i need to build up some motivation,and its 10 days delivery.

thanks mb,rears look straight forward,but on the front did you have to force the knucle off the strut,once the pinch bolt was out?.

Hey MarriedBlonde

Could you post some instructions on how to fit the eibach springs? Going to order the sportline for my 2.0 TDI S-Line 2004.

I have fitted dampers and springs and coilovers on 2 previously owned VW Polo mk4 1997, and that was very easy.

:respekt:

you missed a vital pic here, i allowed my self to post it since it was very usefull to me.

audi_1.jpg

I have an A3 2.0 TDI SE. Just fitted RS6's in an ET43. I would like a drop but I want it to be as near confortable as the SE springs (if that's possible!!)
What would you go for marriedblonde?
I feelif i go for the Pro-Kit the drop might only be minimal but it would be a good comprimise between comfort/ looks. Can't help but think 30mm won't make that much difference. I really want the stance of your old car, it's just so perfect!
Would the Sportline's be too much? too uncomfortable or perhaps would they even rub what with the offset of my wheels!?

Hi Mate,

I've got MarriedBlondes old A3, I ran it for a while with the sportsline springs but had issues with it rubbing on the rear when I had rear passengers on board, I also found the ride at the back a bit bouncy, it felt under-damped to me.

I've since raised it slightly on Eibach ProLine springs and fitted Koni FSD dampers, the pair work very well together.

Paul

Actually if anyone wants a set of Eibach Sportsline springs for a 2.0TDi I've still got them.

PM me with a decent offer if anyone is interested.

Paul

Hey. Cheers for the reply. Booked it next wednesday to have the Pro-kit springs fitted. Will only be lowered 30mm but I'm sure will still look much better!!

sat1983 said:
Hey. Cheers for the reply. Booked it next wednesday to have the Pro-kit springs fitted. Will only be lowered 30mm but I'm sure will still look much better!!

I'm happy with the stance as it is - low enough for me, so I'm sure you will be happy with the Pro-Kit.

Paul

Would those Sportline springs fit a 2007 Sportback 2.0TDI quattro GTI Jazz Blue?

Not sure you would have to check the Eibach application list.

I don't have the part number of the kit here with me at work, but it is the kit for a 2005 2.0TDi 3 door.

The application list is available on the Eibach website.

Regards,

Paul