Sports Car Driving Day-Which cars to choose ???

Dannykn9

"Cruise My Ride"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Right guys and girls

My little 15 month old boy bought me a driving day experience (funded by his mummy, lol) and I would like you good people to help me decide which cars to go for.
Basically I get to choose three cars and do three laps in each.

Here is the list of possible cars:

Aston Martin DB9
Audi R8
Ferrari F430
Lamborghini Gallardo
Porsche 911 (997)Turbo
Maserati GranTurismo
Lotus Elise S2 111R
Porsche Boxster
Subaru Impreza WRX STI.

You can see all the cars in the link below.
Cars

Now, I have always had a soft spot for a Ferrari and also being an Audi man, I think the R8 is a must, but which other car to drive the nuts off?

All opinions welcome and I could even possibly be swayed away from the two I have already chosen.

PS: The Porsche Boxster is 100% a no go!

Cheers all

That's a great present.

I'd have the 911 and the Gallardo.

The noise of the Lamborghini is reason enough.

That's a great present.

I'd have the 911 and the Gallardo.

The noise of the Lamborghini is reason enough.

Yes mate, it is a great present.

Did think about the Gallardo mate, but the 911, although towards the top end of Porsche, i would probably have more chance in the future to drive one, but still a slim chance lol!

nice present mate , id go for lambo and ferrari , probably aston aswell for the "bond " feeling lol , drove the r8 for five laps which was ok , except for captain slow in front of me in a ferrari ! his wife apologised to me because he was that slow in it lol

Reactions: A3_Black_Edition
Lamborghini Gallardo - RIDICULOUS car
Audi R8
- we love the audi's
Subaru Impreza WRX STI - to have some fun :thumbsup:

Did a similar day and drove 3 super cars and a WRX scooby, the WRX was SO much fun!

Enjoy mate!

I did a similar day too, mine was a rally package so drove the evo and scooby.

Paid extra for a passenger ride in the GTR :wub:, those cars are immense.

You should have a great time whatever cars you choose, my day was a bit damp so the back end of the scooby kept twitching :wtf:

Few pics:

1469ffbb.jpg

1301c733.jpg

194e8afb.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 - All day mate!

I done a similar thing at Silverstone a few years back and I choose the Ferrari and the Elise. The Elise was just amazing to drive, so much fun!

Fair play on the present!

Cheers,
Si

I just did one last weekend, had:
Ferrari 360 challange - Supprisingly a bit dissapointing, LOADS of lag changing up gears.
TVR Tuscan - Great fun, no driver aides (or is it aids, im not sure. But it was raining so would have liked the good type)
Nissan GTR - Absoultlly amazing, couldn't have been better. Fast as hell, handles perfectlly.

If I was to choose from that list, in order I would have
1. Lambo
2. R8
3. F430

as far as pure driving goes you gotta give the elise a go. sublime handling!

My vote too from that list. I did one of these days a while ago but chose one car, an Aerial Atom (just the supercharged Type R engined one). I got stuck behind an R8 V10 being driven by a pro with a ride along passenger and he was giving it full beans. I swear it was like being stuck behind a caravan on a country lane & my skills are average at best. Different scale of speed and acceleration I can't begin to describe.

Depends whether you want to drive nice cars or fun cars.. The R8 will be similar to the lambo but calmer really so would choose the lambo over it.. (both mid engined 4wd).. Would choose the lotus as my first choice as it'll be alot of fun.. Driven one before and was soo much fun, hence me building a mini based on it.. ha..

Erm, Then the porsche or ferrari although really don't like the ferrari it would be fun I imagine but the rear engine rwd of the 911 can be fun too.. Wouldn't choose the Aston, or not that one.. Hmm..

That's my 2ps worth..

I did this last year for a present, awesome! I chose the r8 and db9. Truth be told I was disappointed with the db9 after the r8(it felt so much tighter) and if I could do it again I would do it in the lamb or Ferrari instead of the db9.

Really was a buzz though, enjoy!