Sports Exhaust

SilureMark

Reaction score
Anyone been able to order their new RS3 with the sport exhaust and without mag ride? On the configurator you can only spec the car with the sports exhaust if you tick the Dynamic Pack option. I do not want the God awful mag ride on my RS3 and note in Germany, you can option just the sports exhaust. Just wondering as my dealer seems to be having problems coming back to me with an answer. I have told them it's a deal breaker if they want my order ... thanks!

You won't be able to. Audi UK set the options and there isn't anything you can say or do to have them do a special!
Maybe wait til you can test drive one, maybe the mag ride is better than the old system!?

As far as I'm aware it's not possible. There's no code for the standalone exhaust and no option on the configuration either. Gutted to be honest as I would have definitely specced it. Although the standard RS exhaust is hardly going to sound *****...

Or you could just get an aftermarket exhaust fitted?

Reactions: s3_trev
Anyone able to offer any guidance on what is wrong with magnetic ride? Iv'e never had it on a car in the past?

I had mag ride on my last car - TTS - and would NOT want it on my RS3 either.

Made the suspension ultra firm and way too stiff for normal roads. I feel it would be great on perfectly flat race track but with the state of most UK roads it's a no no.

The tts only had 2 modes though on or off and even in off of course it was still on so the modes were very firm or ultra firm :)

On 19" rims I just want the regular / conventional sports suspension and no way I would pay for mag ride ( it was standsrd on the tts ).

It makes no sense combing the mag ride with exhaust ????

Reactions: SilureMark
Audi obviously just want rid of a surplus of mag ride set ups.
Easy way to get rid by combining them with an exhaust a lot will spec.

Plus Audi think firm=sporty, firmer=sportier - it doesn't have to be this way!

I suspect you are right guys.

I've got no problem with firm but supple and maybe in comfort mode it will be acceptable day to day but certainly would need to expetoence it first hand.

Like some have said, the standard exhaust should still be fine in any case.

Does mag ride in comfort mode not resemble regular S3/S-Line suspension? or is it still firmer even in comfort mode?

I ordered the dynamic pack as I just know however good the standard exhaust is, if I then heard the sports version, I would have regretted not ordering it

Reactions: GRE57Y and RYes3
Does mag ride in comfort mode not resemble regular S3/S-Line suspension? or is it still firmer even in comfort mode?

I guess that's the big ?

You'd hope so but need to experience to know for sure.

I'm just going off my tts which was firmer in 'off' position than my previous TT on standard suspension both on 19" rims ... Hence why I am cautious.

Thanks guys. Since there's a few demo RS3's out there that have the sports exhaust and do not have mag ride, it can be done. Speaking to the sales guy at Audi, he said it will be a ball ache, but he will sort it out when I come to order the car. Same goes for alloys as I do not want rotors. He's pretty good this fella and seems to be able to get you what you want where other dealers can't be bothered to even try. I still think, give it 6 months and they'll let you option on its own without the mag ride.

I'll obviously test drive and RS3 with mag ride and see, but on my previous cars (TTS & RS) it was a waste of space having that. Just a button you press to make the car uncomfortable and if left alone, still attributed to what I can only describe as inconsistent ride and handling. I test drove an 8v S3 with it and not much had changed.

Thanks guys. Since there's a few demo RS3's out there that have the sports exhaust and do not have mag ride, it can be done. Speaking to the sales guy at Audi, he said it will be a ball ache, but he will sort it out when I come to order the car. Same goes for alloys as I do not want rotors. He's pretty good this fella and seems to be able to get you what you want where other dealers can't be bothered to even try. I still think, give it 6 months and they'll let you option on its own without the mag ride.

I'll obviously test drive and RS3 with mag ride and see, but on my previous cars (TTS & RS) it was a waste of space having that. Just a button you press to make the car uncomfortable and if left alone, still attributed to what I can only describe as inconsistent ride and handling. I test drove an 8v S3 with it and not much had changed.

When are you looking at ordering?

Iv ordered mine and I really want the sports exhaust so I'm interested in finding out exactly what needs to happen to get it specced without the mag ride

When are you looking at ordering?

Iv ordered mine and I really want the sports exhaust so I'm interested in finding out exactly what needs to happen to get it specced without the mag ride

Looking at ordering early 2016, so a way off yet. I sat down with the sales guy last week and financially, that's when it'll be more viable to trade my S3 than right now. I was hoping to order sooner, but there you go. At least that gives me some time to see a few RS3's before making final choices on colour and options. Many of the first cars don't have mag ride, but DO have the sport exhaust. It will not be a problem. I know a couple of people who've got round Audi's daft packages (some aren't so daft), so it can be done, you just need to make it a deal breaker and the salesperson will do the rest. Guy at my dealer said it wouldn't be a problem to get one without t'other.

Looking at ordering early 2016, so a way off yet. I sat down with the sales guy last week and financially, that's when it'll be more viable to trade my S3 than right now. I was hoping to order sooner, but there you go. At least that gives me some time to see a few RS3's before making final choices on colour and options. Many of the first cars don't have mag ride, but DO have the sport exhaust. It will not be a problem. I know a couple of people who've got round Audi's daft packages (some aren't so daft), so it can be done, you just need to make it a deal breaker and the salesperson will do the rest. Guy at my dealer said it wouldn't be a problem to get one without t'other.

Too late for me then, Iv already done the deal and ordered the car

Apparently this is the sports exhaust but it doesn't sound anything like what Iv heard before - sounds a bit quieter and nowhere near as many pops and bangs

Maybe its in comfort mode? flaps closed! Sounds like its started in Dynamic then quickly into comfort?

Many of the first cars don't have mag ride, but DO have the sport exhaust. It will not be a problem.

I'm not sure what this means - are you talking about pre production cars?

Mine has mag ride but doesn't have sport exhaust thats all.

I think he means the press cars tested near Rome. They had standard suspension and sports exhaust. This doesn't mean this combo is available to the UK public.

That is deffo the sports exhaust started in Dynamic and then switched to comfort. You can hear the flaps close.

You're right Disco Dal. Excellent, we finally know what a sports exhaust in quieter mode sounds like. Quite snorty and raspy but not OTT. Like it!

I had mag ride on my last car - TTS - and would NOT want it on my RS3 either.

Made the suspension ultra firm and way too stiff for normal roads. I feel it would be great on perfectly flat race track but with the state of most UK roads it's a no no.

The tts only had 2 modes though on or off and even in off of course it was still on so the modes were very firm or ultra firm :)

On 19" rims I just want the regular / conventional sports suspension and no way I would pay for mag ride ( it was standsrd on the tts ).

Just to offer an alternative perspective, I loved the mag ride on my TTS. And in back-to-back comparisons it gave better cornering grip. It's on my 'must have' list when it's offered as an option. I had 18s on my car, so that might have made a difference versus your experience.

If anyone finds a video of one with a standard exhaust I'd appreciate if you could post it.

I've been searching with no luck.

I also don't want to pay for something I don't want so it's either Standard if it's good enough, or spec it separate if possible. I wonder how much it would be without the Mag Ride?

The Audi adverts with the red car in the desert are standard exhaust as far as we can tell. Their adverts with the grey car on the road are sports exhaust.

Reactions: kayemill
The Audi adverts with the red car in the desert are standard exhaust as far as we can tell. Their adverts with the grey car on the road are sports exhaust.

I didn't know that thanks, however with the dodgy soundtrack overpowering the noise of the car it is very hard to hear what it's like.

That's a very good reason to get the sports exhaust - it will overpower the dodgiest soundtracks!

No crappy soundtrack on this one. Just (IMHO) standard exhaust.

Reactions: kayemill
sports exhaust

Reactions: GRE57Y and quinnii
sounds great but I want to hear it bouncing off the limiter haha, not babied through the gears!

Reactions: GRE57Y, JimboS3, RYes3 and 2 others
I think I've decided- Sports Exhaust it is! I'd kick myself if I didn't do it!

Reactions: Yorrick
I did the same yesterday, simples option the dynamic pack. Don't won't to "try" and spec it own it's own, dealership got enough problems with allocation and my wait is plenty enough as it is.......

Ok il admit it... Iv crumbled to the immense sound of the sports exhaust and I'v ordered the dynamic pack. Iv officially lost my marbles...