Sports Exhaust?

kirkyrs

Hi,

Hoping to order an RS3 this weekend. Was originally thinking I wouldn't stretch to the carbon edition but I do like the look of it.

For someone who is new to the RS range (I currently have an S3) can someone point me to something that explains what the Sports Exhaust is about?

Thanks.

Daggerit

Hi,

Hoping to order an RS3 this weekend. Was originally thinking I wouldn't stretch to the carbon edition but I do like the look of it.

For someone who is new to the RS range (I currently have an S3) can someone point me to something that explains what the Sports Exhaust is about?

Thanks.

Louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doja cat

the Sports Exhaust is black, slightly deeper sound, prob no louder than standard. Maybe gets better shift farts and burbles?

Daggerit

the Sports Exhaust is black, slightly deeper sound, prob no louder than standard. Maybe gets better shift farts and burbles?

If it’s like the previous generation RS3 and the current RSQ3 then it’s definitely a bit louder. Also, as you say, it’s a deeper and nicer tone.

kirkyrs

Ok, don't want something that is antisocial - wake up the neighbours type thing.

I mean I'm not 19.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Daggerit

Ok, don't want something that is antisocial - wake up the neighbours type thing.

I mean I'm not 19.

It’s not like a decat or anything, just a deeper and slightly louder sound but nothing crazy so I wouldn’t worry too much about being antisocial.

Doja cat

yeah... it's not going to be no 8V PFL with miltek, don't worry LOL

kirkyrs

Thanks. To be honest I'm not that bothered about it and not sure I would choose it.

Such a shame you can't get the matrix LEDs, wheels and carbon finish without it but maybe that's just me!

Daggerit

It’s something I wouldn’t have an RS car without I don’t think. They should have a little more growl than your everyday car and the sports exhaust just helps with that.

It’s still got an OPF so will never be super loud but this helps make it sound better I think.

kirkyrs

It’s something I wouldn’t have an RS car without I don’t think. They should have a little more growl than your everyday car and the sports exhaust just helps with that.

It’s still got an OPF so will never be super loud but this helps make it sound better I think.

Thanks, that makes me feel better about it.

Cheers for your help folks.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !

I mean I'm not 19.

F@@king no chance of the sport's exhaust doing the neighbors ears in won't be louder on idle or at low speeds either it'll just have a deeper tone to it

S15THM

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
They help resale value in the future too. It's a worth while option imo.

kirkyrs

Thanks. I'm kinding of hoping that's the case with the carbon black edition generally. It's more than I wanted to pay but expecting the resale to be better too.

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
As noted it ain’t gonna be anti social loud ... but it will add to the drama & enhance the overall sound to a more purposeful level - the videos so far have sounded very encouraging imo