Sports Exhaust?

kirkyrs

Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping to order an RS3 this weekend. Was originally thinking I wouldn't stretch to the carbon edition but I do like the look of it.

For someone who is new to the RS range (I currently have an S3) can someone point me to something that explains what the Sports Exhaust is about?

Thanks.

Reactions: Daggerit
Hi,

Hoping to order an RS3 this weekend. Was originally thinking I wouldn't stretch to the carbon edition but I do like the look of it.

For someone who is new to the RS range (I currently have an S3) can someone point me to something that explains what the Sports Exhaust is about?

Thanks.

Louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill, johnmv55 and kirkyrs
the Sports Exhaust is black, slightly deeper sound, prob no louder than standard. Maybe gets better shift farts and burbles?

Reactions: kirkyrs and Daggerit
the Sports Exhaust is black, slightly deeper sound, prob no louder than standard. Maybe gets better shift farts and burbles?

If it’s like the previous generation RS3 and the current RSQ3 then it’s definitely a bit louder. Also, as you say, it’s a deeper and nicer tone.

Reactions: Add_Profile
Ok, don't want something that is antisocial - wake up the neighbours type thing.

I mean I'm not 19.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Ok, don't want something that is antisocial - wake up the neighbours type thing.

I mean I'm not 19.

It’s not like a decat or anything, just a deeper and slightly louder sound but nothing crazy so I wouldn’t worry too much about being antisocial.

Thanks. To be honest I'm not that bothered about it and not sure I would choose it.

Such a shame you can't get the matrix LEDs, wheels and carbon finish without it but maybe that's just me!

It’s something I wouldn’t have an RS car without I don’t think. They should have a little more growl than your everyday car and the sports exhaust just helps with that.

It’s still got an OPF so will never be super loud but this helps make it sound better I think.

It’s something I wouldn’t have an RS car without I don’t think. They should have a little more growl than your everyday car and the sports exhaust just helps with that.

It’s still got an OPF so will never be super loud but this helps make it sound better I think.

Thanks, that makes me feel better about it.

Cheers for your help folks.

yeah... it's not going to be no 8V PFL with miltek, don't worry LOL
Some of us decat'd the exhaust too *whistle*

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill, Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and 1 other person

I mean I'm not 19.

F@@king no chance of the sport's exhaust doing the neighbors ears in won't be louder on idle or at low speeds either it'll just have a deeper tone to it

Reactions: kirkyrs
They help resale value in the future too. It's a worth while option imo.

Reactions: jimbo255, AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Thanks. I'm kinding of hoping that's the case with the carbon black edition generally. It's more than I wanted to pay but expecting the resale to be better too.

As noted it ain’t gonna be anti social loud ... but it will add to the drama & enhance the overall sound to a more purposeful level - the videos so far have sounded very encouraging imo

Was the sports exhaust standard anyway on the carbon? - I've ordered a carbon due in a few weeks.... didn't spec an exhaust but on Audi's website it seems like the car comes with the sports exhaust anyway

Think i've answered my own question - the only way to spec a sports exhaust back in september was to add the full 5k ceramic brake pack - so I guess I skipped that!

Was the sports exhaust standard anyway on the carbon? - I've ordered a carbon due in a few weeks.... didn't spec an exhaust but on Audi's website it seems like the car comes with the sports exhaust anyway

Think i've answered my own question - the only way to spec a sports exhaust back in september was to add the full 5k ceramic brake pack - so I guess I skipped that!

Sports exhaust is and always has been standard in the Carbon edition from launch.

On the PFL 8V the only difference was that the SE had a small "pipe" welded in on one side that let the exhaust gasses bypass all the baffles. Back when the car really was anti social though #asbo

I have a photo somewhere, will post it up if I can find it.

TX.

I specced the Sports Exhaust on my base spec car and so far non of the neighbours have kicked off, possibly only thing that would upset them at 7am is cold start in RS mode but that only lasts about 15 seconds.
The way I viewed it was that non of the reviews or videos featured the standard exhaust, so without knowing what it sounded like it was too much of a risk not to spec it.
Really glad I have done as it sounds lovely and deep, nice pops on shift up (I've also managed a 'rev in neutral' pop or two) and a nice overrun burble. In a few thousand miles it'll sound even better once bedded in.
IMO, it's a must add if the spec you pick doesn't have it.

Reactions: Jassyo06, 3vans, HulkRS3 and 2 others
I specced the Sports Exhaust on my base spec car and so far non of the neighbours have kicked off, possibly only thing that would upset them at 7am is cold start in RS mode but that only lasts about 15 seconds.
The way I viewed it was that non of the reviews or videos featured the standard exhaust, so without knowing what it sounded like it was too much of a risk not to spec it.
Really glad I have done as it sounds lovely and deep, nice pops on shift up (I've also managed a 'rev in neutral' pop or two) and a nice overrun burble. In a few thousand miles it'll sound even better once bedded in.
IMO, it's a must add if the spec you pick doesn't have it.
Agreed ^^^

Its nowhere near as loud or neighbour unfriendly as the 8v.
But its definitely an essential extra on the current RS3 to give it a very nice sound.
Totally controllable too via the RS button too so you can have a relatively quiet start up if you want it.

My neighbors have tolerated my 8V PFL with SE for coming on the last six years.
My 8Y will be heaven for them even with the SE!

• Haha
Reactions: RS03???, Adi7r and Terminator x