Sports Suspension vs mag ride

brownin

Reaction score
Evening all,

I'm going to view and test drive a beautiful looking RS3 tomorrow, Sepang blue, Tech Pack (high with mobile prep high), comfort and sound pack and looks impeccable quality with exceptionally low mileage and FASH.

I wrongfully read that it had the dynamic pack, so it doesn't have the sport exhaust nor mag ride options that I had marked as my 'essentials' though these were based on just lots of people putting it on theirs on several online communities. Not actually driven one yet in either guise.

Question is, MAG ride, is that a massive loss for me? Is the Standard Sport Suspension poor? I'm coming from a w204 C250 diesel merc that i remapped and lowered on its standard shocks with H&R springs. Previously had, a msport 3 series and prior to those RS Clios and Corsa's etc on coilovers, so I've pretty varied tastes.
I know the exhaust is a bit of a loss, but I can add that afterwards right? Whereas mag, is a no go

Appreciate any help, feedback or slating

I had mag ride on my 2015 RS3 and then standard suspension on my 2018 RS4. I didn't miss it on the 4 although imho sports exhaust is a must so do get that even if later.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I've had mag ride or the equivalent on my last 3 cars. The last being the Rs3. I miss it now in my current car which just has a passive setup.

Why not try and test drive one with mag ride even if you're not interested in buying that particular car.

I'd lowered mine on eibach pros and was still a great ride in comfort.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I had mag ride on my 2015 RS3 and then standard suspension on my 2018 RS4. I didn't miss it on the 4 although imho sports exhaust is a must so do get that even if later.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Fancy seeing you here

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x
I wouldn’t say it’s night and day but it does make a difference and would be on my list. However if the car is as good as it sounds then I’d forgo the mag ride but top of my list would be the sports exhaust. Does it have the SS seats, that’s another must have IMO?

Reactions: garethdj
I had sports sus in my S3 but Mag Ride in my RS3.
The Mag Ride is one of my favourite upgrades.
I think Sports Exhaust is essential though!

glad I stuck it out for car with Mag ,some of roads now are absolute trash and personally find it does make a difference being able to stick it in comfort for the worst of em ….used to have pfl A45 with the non adjustable AMG performance suspension,got to be nightmare with our roads in Britain swear I’ve put few discs in me back out from driving it !!!!
exhaust was a must for me,fitted couple secondary de-cats now for unbelievable sound now ….one of the best low cost mods you can do :welcoming:
But if the cars as good as you describe well …. There’s plenty of aftermarket ones …..