SportShifter now available for your B8 manual

SportShifters.com

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Our SportShifter kit is now also available for your B8 manual
All kits are fully customizable and made to order delivering you the ultimate looks and perfect feel.

a5-b8-2007-2016.jpg

a5-b8-2007-2016.jpg

Wanna find out more? View Audi products page

Reactions: ed1119 and xpoweruk
Oh my,now that looks gorgeous :)

My gear stick is shortened so it has a shorter throw,would this put the throw back to OE ?

My gear stick is shortened so it has a shorter throw,would this put the throw back to OE ?
If we would have the measurement we could make it even shorter actualy as our shift knob sits only a few mm's from the top of the rod.
We will simply supply a shorter length shift stick cover in order to match it, no problem at all.
Happens alot with customers who run our kit on their B6/B7 with a JHM short shifter.

Reactions: xpoweruk
it does look fantastic! How easy is it to fit to an Audi avant B8 3.0 TDI, have you instructions and does it make the OEM throw any shorter; I'd like a shorter throw but do not have the time to do the JHM modification.

Andy

it does look fantastic! How easy is it to fit to an Audi avant B8 3.0 TDI, have you instructions and does it make the OEM throw any shorter; I'd like a shorter throw but do not have the time to do the JHM modification.

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Installation on the B8 is very easy, probably the easiest one we have at the moment.
It does make the throw shorter, but nothing like a treu shortshifter system such as the JHM.
However they compliment each other perfectly, so you could always still add a shortshifter system at a later stage.
If you have any more questions, please ask.

Roy

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-b8-build-plans.245416/page-6

Ghetto short shifter was today's mod.

Tools needed ... hack saw,masking tape lol

The gaiter just un-clips from the surround
I took 1 inch of the gear sticks shaft.
I also had to remove 1 of the tabs from the gear knob (the tab closest to the dash).This was to allow the gear knob to slide further down the shaft as otherwise it got stuck @ the bend due to the tab.
The gear knob is then held in place by an 18mm hose clamp
Took a good 10 minutes hahaa & makes a significant difference :)
may even save me a tenth over the 1/4 mile (ya never know )

View attachment 85429 View attachment 85430 View attachment 85431 View attachment 85432 View attachment 85433
View attachment 85434

The throw is now around the same as the ECS short shifter (pic above) on its longest throw setting :)
The throw is now 3.5" from 3rd to 4th (JHM is 3" so not too bad)

Andy

:)

Brillaint - than ksa you you all. Order on it's way once i can decide which variation I want to go for. :sign yum:

Reactions: xpoweruk