Spotters Thread - A4/S4 B9 Chassis

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
Spotter's thread for the B9 A4/S4

Reactions: cuke2u
Spotted one in the wild (bar the 2 I've test drove) for the first time on the A19 on the way home from work. 3.0 Tdi Sport Monsoon Gray

Spotting more and more on the road now! Spotted a few white sports / s-line 16' plates around Stoke-on-Trent / Hanley

And a new 66' Avant S-line (Black) if that's anyone on here?

Likewise! Seeing more now - two on Weds - a Matador Red Saloon on M25 CW between J9 - J10 Around 08:30?

Also White Saloon A/C M25 between J10-J9 around 18:45.

Very dirty madator red tdi saloon m25 t'other side of the tunnels. Clean it man...

A white Sline 66 plate was involved in today's shooting near Huddersfield

It looked like an A4 to me, although it was difficult to tell. I think what decided me was the grey radiator grill. I'll have a second look at the 10 o'clock news tonight. We need to know.

Oh yes - and it had the air intake grill as in my picture thingy that identifies me on this forum. (Can't remember what it's called).

In the shots through the windscreen there is a tablet like screen but it is black, like the a3's not silver, plus if you look it has the more pronounced torpedo lines of the a3 saloon and definately a shorter boot..
Well even the a3 forum boys are confused...

Last edited:
If you don't have tech pack the smaller nav screen is all black. Also it has the A4 Twin spoke alloys. Could swear it's an A4

I take your point about the short boot - can't argue with that - but it's the air intakes that convince me, unless there is a variant of the A3 that has the same ones as the A4 s line. And my s line screen is black - I didn't know there was a silver version.

Come on guys,you of all people should know this.............its an A4 no question.
Quote......"And my s line screen is black - I didn't know there was a silver version."
The silver version is the higher spec larger screen.

Definately a a4 sline now I have seen pictures of the whole side of the car. It has the badge on the front wing and the trim running along the sills, unlike the a3 sline which has complete cover over the sills..

I wonder if the owner was a member here?

32654775dc1fbe6887019ee2333ca927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guardian were referring to that A4 as an "Audi sports car". Hmmm.....

Seems the weather has claimed a B9 saloon in Scotland (not spotted by myself but lifted from a certain "news" website).

3C12B0A700000578 4111744 image a 81 1484220278685

Whatever tyres you have, if you're not skilled or confident enough to drive in snow, just don't do it. Personally I have never found it an issue even when I lived on the peninnes..

Reactions: Mike north east
Quite true,however it does give your car the best rubber for the job,it doesnt give you a red card to drive like an idiot.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Kestrel
Whatever tyres you have, if you're not skilled or confident enough to drive in snow, just don't do it. Personally I have never found it an issue even when I lived on the peninnes..

Couldn't agree more, the older I get the more I seem to see people who just blatantly don't drive according to the conditions, or are not up to the task of that, without tarnishing anyone but often in large 4x4 SUV, who seem to think they are impervious to the conditions.

Years ago I got caught in a blizzard across the moors en route to Whitby / Scarborough, on the A171, in my much loved mk1 Golf GTi, was one of the few times I've been genuinely concerned by the weather conditions - was so bad visibility was literally 5 metres and I had to turn off my headlights as it was impossible to see due to being dazzled by the falling snow - but I managed to drive on and came out the other side without putting the car into a ditch.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
First experience of the Q in the snow last night. Had to pick up my daughter from the train station, which sits in a dip. Drive down to get in and up to get out. I had to park on the up slope, my old C Class would have struggled up that slope, not the A4, it was a breeze.

Well in talking to my sister, who hates snow and ice, I said to her why go out in it then if you don't feel comfortable. Her reply was that she has too, even though she doesn't work. So I said, explain that one to somebody else's car you just totalled.
Yes holly35 I told her to go and buy some winter tyres, can't afford it was the reply...

Couldn't agree more, the older I get the more I seem to see people who just blatantly don't drive according to the conditions, or are not up to the task of that, without tarnishing anyone but often in large 4x4 SUV, who seem to think they are impervious to the conditions.

Years ago I got caught in a blizzard across the moors en route to Whitby / Scarborough, on the A171, in my much loved mk1 Golf GTi, was one of the few times I've been genuinely concerned by the weather conditions - was so bad visibility was literally 5 metres and I had to turn off my headlights as it was impossible to see due to being dazzled by the falling snow - but I managed to drive on and came out the other side without putting the car into a ditch.
Yep, regularly I used to drive snake pass, until they'd shut it. Faced much the same conditions there and a place above penistone called high flats. Had a hire car which I had to ram into snow drifts that were going across the road..

Reactions: NickGun
Yep, regularly I used to drive snake pass, until they'd shut it. Faced much the same conditions there and a place above penistone called high flats. Had a hire car which I had to ram into snow drifts that were going across the road..

Yep know Snake Pass and Penistone well, if you can drive them and the A171 in snow / blizzard conditions in a regular FWD or RWD car then you can certainly drive...

Interestingly was out earlier, had not been expecting to have to drive anywhere today so my better half is out in the all wheel drive Audi, but had to nip out to collect a parcel which was attempted to be delivered when I was out with the hounds first thing.
So was in our MX5 (RWD) and was able to drive on snow / slush / ice, with no drama's - naturally had to be careful with my right foot and use correct gear, 100yds behind me was a lady in a small Peugeot (206 I think, which is FWD) and she was all over the place, sideways at times and looking like she was heading for a kerb or hedge :fearscream:

Last edited:
Lived in Penistone for ten years, they have a roundabout at the top of the hill before you drop down into the town that has road closures due to snow warning that are automated. Usually it was because some daft lorry driver, or a bus, had gone beyond their driving skills and blocked the road going over the A628.

Haha, blimey m8 if you don't know the difference between an estate and a saloon we're all doomed ;-)

Spotted my first S4 out in the wild today - a metallic grey avant with 19"ers on Epsom high street. Anyone on here?

Spotted my first S4 as well. Avant with a ABT tuning badge on as well. It was at a wedding event yesterday evening. Anyone on here?

Was parked next to you in my fiancée A3

s4 avant, Black Black edition in manchester deansgate 12/08 just after midday, was sat behind me for a bit then got fed up and pulled away, sounded well

I wonder if it was the same one I saw today crossing the Barton Bridge in Manchester?

I wonder if it was the same one I saw today crossing the Barton Bridge in Manchester?
all blacked out with alu mirror caps, cant remember the reg, could well be the same one

Reactions: gone
It was a 17 plate, that's all I remember, first Avant S4 I've seen on the road

Reactions: MattSedg
It was a 17 plate, that's all I remember, first Avant S4 I've seen on the road
same here mate, first s4 avant and first a4/s4 black ed i've seen
i see your from lancs too :salute:

Reactions: gone