Spray on wax

A6JP

Reaction score
Hi all, I have always struggled to find a spray on wax i.e what you get at a car wash or a jet wash. Im not big on detailing as I don't have the time or the patience plus I live on a new development where theres 40+ houses being built directly opposite so the dust is ridiculous.

Can anyone recommend a spray on/wipe off wax or a wax I can mix in water and spray on and then leave or chamois off.

Would try a rinseless/waterless wash product. Something like ONR or Chemical Guys ECO smart. Can dilute down, will wash the car of any dust and dirt, and leave a nice layer of wax behind.

Much easier (and safer) to wipe on and off with a MF towel than a chamois, but obviously your choice :)

Reactions: A6JP and sky blue sam
Thanks for that, I will search it today.

AG Aqua Wax I've found decent enough. Couple of sprays on each panel as you dry so doesn't need any extra time other than a quick buffing after the initial dry. I don't use it on my car as I have a ceramic coating but use it on the wife's golf, good for the man on the move....

Reactions: A6JP
Autoglym Aqua Wax is a fantastic product. Wash the car , rinse, whist the car is still wet spray on the Aqua Wax sparingly and dry to reveal a really nice finish.

Autosmart Tango is pretty decent too

I like auto finesse glisten, epic product

Britemax Spray and Shine. Love it. Great beading. Can dilute it.

Best ever spray wax Ive used must be Meguiars D156 Synthetic X-press Spray Wax, its mostly made for professional use so I buy it off my local detailer shop. It can be applied both wet and dry. I use it when im done washing the car while its still wet, spray on small panels at a time and wipe off with a microfiber towel as a part of the drying process, can be applied on all surfaces which is really great(paint, glass, bodytrim/plastic), gives good depth and beads/sheets really nice.

In Norway a really popular item is GYEON Q2M WetCoat, which you can spray on car wet after washing and just spray off again with water, really quick little thing thats handy.

I've been using the 'Meguiars Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer' the last few washes, just spray it on during the drying process and wipe of with a MF, always had good results.

However, the next time I'm buying I think I'll go for this one http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/meguiars-ultimate-quik-wax-450ml after looking/comparing the Meguiars various spray on products this seems to get the best reviews for overall performance.
I've got that one, it's ****** good. I top off with AD Project 32 as well - jury's still out...

Last edited: