Springs for S3

Max Read

Reaction score
Morning all!

What are people's opinions of lowering springs? Is H&R the main choice?

Why can you only buy front springs from eibach?

Have you tried our site sponsor @DPM

Reactions: DPM, Max Read and MikeSel^
I had 20mm H&R Springs on my S3 and they were fantastic

Coupled with H&R ARB's and WALK the car handled and looked great:

S31
S32

Reactions: DPM and Max Read
H&R tend to be the most popular choice which are a 25mm drop all round, closely followed by Eibach's which are a 20mm on the front only. The reason why Eibach only do the front is because the back naturally sits a bit lower and so this evens it out.

Another vote for DPM, Damian has given me loads of advise regarding springs and coilovers etc, good prices too.

Reactions: DPM and Max Read
Not sure if this is a stupid question, what's WALK boydie?

ALK stands for Anti-Lift Kit of which Whiteline or SuperPro are popular choices, Boydie went for Whiteline which is where the WALK comes from.

Lowers the car a further 10mm or so

I didn't know this, I will get the SuperPro kit at some point but haven't properly looked into it. I'm presuming it's just the front that gets lowered 10mm?

Do you gain much more from having ARBs and an ALK over just dropping the car 20mm or so?

I didn't know this, I will get the SuperPro kit at some point but haven't properly looked into it. I'm presuming it's just the front that gets lowered 10mm?

Yeah just the front

Do you gain much more from having ARBs and an ALK over just dropping the car 20mm or so?

You do indeed, with the ALK and ARB's, understeer virtually disappeared for me - car handled brilliantly!

Reactions: HHS3
Looks like that will be the route to go down for me! It will be a struggle to get in and out my drive with the car too low, had a 350z that would scrape and the was on standard suspension.

Have to just get the drive done though I suppose....