After Custom map, some serious pull :)

Rick

SQ5 Dyno

Reactions: paul wev and AudiSpy
That's with a Dtuk tuning box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RSS-S3
Ok sorry, I will try and explain.

The tuning boxes work by increasing fuel pressure, so that you are constantly injecting more fuel than the ECU thinks. DIesel engines are really quite crude, even the latest tech in the SQ5. More fuel = more power. But it has its side effects in that too much fuel will raise exhaust temperature and internal smoke will dramatically reduce DPF life.

AFR - air/fuel ratio is a measure of how much fuel the engine is burning. I asked for a graph because quite often the tuning boxes put in so much fuel that they kill DPF's.

With a remap, we control this very precisely The above plot is a very safe calibration. We can run much more, but that would require a richer mixture.

Rick

Reactions: paul wev and desertstorm
Ok sorry, I will try and explain.

The tuning boxes work by increasing fuel pressure, so that you are constantly injecting more fuel than the ECU thinks. DIesel engines are really quite crude, even the latest tech in the SQ5. More fuel = more power. But it has its side effects in that too much fuel will raise exhaust temperature and internal smoke will dramatically reduce DPF life.

AFR - air/fuel ratio is a measure of how much fuel the engine is burning. I asked for a graph because quite often the tuning boxes put in so much fuel that they kill DPF's.

With a remap, we control this very precisely The above plot is a very safe calibration. We can run much more, but that would require a richer mixture.

Rick

Thanks for the explanation, but I'm using the box so I don't get a td1 code (something like that ) on my ecu , and I take off the box when I take it in for a service.

I'll never know when I'll need warranty work done, so not worth the risk in my eyes. Know what I mean?

Here is my superchips map

Attachments

• IMG_2956.JPG
    IMG_2956.JPG
    864.6 KB · Views: 444
The weight of the vechicle and the increased frontal area means the engine has too work harder to achieve and maintain speed especially at higher speeds.On a dyno an SUV and a saloon car with the same engine with the same map would perform the same with the same EGT's.
In the real world driving at speed the SUV will require more power to accelerate and maintain any speed than the saloon car because of aero loads.

Reactions: paul wev
What other beneficial tuning mods can you do the to the 3.0TDI SQ5?

I am considering changing to a PFL SQ5 TDI sometime next year coming from my Stage 3 S3

I'm of the opinion a ECU and TCU remap would be the first port of call (revo for example) and some sort of turbo back exhaust and panel filter/intake?

Any other options?