Q7 SQ7 Missing Items

CJP80

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone tell me what options have been lost in the last two years?

I know HD Matrix Lights (front) rear?
Charging Pad
Electric Steering Adjustment

Anything else? Audi seems reticent to reduce the retail price to accommodate retrofitting at a later date.

Considering the move to a preinstalled system enabled by license, it seems logical, they started this with the A1 Nav units fitted from factory a & nice £650 activation fee if you didn't order from factory.

I can't really argue the logic at all, someone buys a used car wants a system, they activate via a dealer for a large sum, system working, puts me on a different track for the future tbh.

I guess only Audi can advise comprehensively why & items, maybe cost, chips shortage, lack of market at price point, multitude of reasons.

The only thing I've noticed (so far) on my new SQ5 is lack of wireless charging under the centre armrest.

I don't think it's an easy or even possible retrofit but might be able to fit a car charger pad or similar connected to the USB-c port underneath

Well, the 100k SQ7 comes with basic LEDs with no DRLs and Halogen indicators. No thanks.

Considering the move to a preinstalled system enabled by license, it seems logical, they started this with the A1 Nav units fitted from factory a & nice £650 activation fee if you didn't order from factory.

I can't really argue the logic at all, someone buys a used car wants a system, they activate via a dealer for a large sum, system working, puts me on a different track for the future tbh.
I actually worked with Audi AG on this back in 2018, its what became 'Function on Demand' and the driver is cost at the manufacturing level. The more components that are standardised then the complexity of the supply chain is reduced - headlights are a good example, normal LED headlamp function can be enhanced to full Matrix capability if the hardware is already there.