Squeak from drivers side pillar

AshA4

Ash
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Got this annoying squeak that is level with my right ear, seems to be coming from the front of the pillar about where the seat belt adjuster is, I have given it a bash/tap to try and replecate it when stationary but it does not do it, only does it when driving and when it has vibration from the road?

Weird thing is it does not do it all the time?

Any idea's or common things in that area that anyone knows about, before I take the panel off and have a nose?

Last edited:
have you tried silicone lubricant spray, holts or Audi Spray, Spray it on your window rubbers, the stuff i clean my car with is a high actively concentrated and when comes in contact with the window rubbers around the top of the door it rattles/squeeks.

have you tried silicone lubricant spray, holts or Audi Spray, Spray it on your window rubbers, the stuff i clean my car with is a high actively concentrated and when comes in contact with the window rubbers around the top of the door it rattles/squeeks.

Cheers fella, you know I was starting to think deals as I have noticed it does not do it in the dry, only in the wet :)

Cheers fella, you know I was starting to think deals as I have noticed it does not do it in the dry, only in the wet :)

I have a similar squeek, it seems to be the door itself. With my door fully open, I can replicate the squeek if I push back on it gently.

Seems the door needs tightened according to the dealer.

Door rubbers. Lubricate them. Noise will go. I had the same. Thought the door needed tightened but there is no adjustment. Applied silicon lubricant to the door seal and the noise stopped. Have to do it once every few months.

Reactions: AshA4
Door rubbers. Lubricate them. Noise will go. I had the same. Thought the door needed tightened but there is no adjustment. Applied silicon lubricant to the door seal and the noise stopped. Have to do it once every few months.

Same with me.

Which brand do any of you recommend?
Holts in a little can, just spray it on, or go to your Audi dealer and ask for some, they charge you about £8 though but if the car is new they should give it you for free, they give it to me for free, just tell the salesman who dealt with you about it and he will make sure you get one for free.
The Auto Glym Rubber and Vynl works aswell.

Reactions: AshA4
I had a squeak which sounded like it was coming from the same place as you, it turned out that a screw had come loose at the bottom of the door panel and it was the door panel squeaking

Ash, did you every get this fixed. Following a trip to the dealer all seemed well....then it came back. I seem to think it is the shiny plastic part that runs the height of the window, on the outside of the door......any ideas?
cheers

Ash, did you every get this fixed. Following a trip to the dealer all seemed well....then it came back. I seem to think it is the shiny plastic part that runs the height of the window, on the outside of the door......any ideas?
cheers
My squeek comes back from time to time after all the polish etc.. on the window rubbers, i just give them a quick spray and there fine again for abit.

cheers

Not done this yet, too busy (I know poor excuse) but I am gonna get some silcone spray and do it before crimbo, the squeaks are only there in the wet so def got to be the rubbers :)

I had the same problem.
the noise was coming from inside the cover from the seat belt lever adjustment.
you can remove the cover easy..
i just used a bit of rubber on the lever mechanism, i can't explain how it works with words, but it is easy to find the squeak with the cover out.

so don't rush to the shop for the Audi spray before you check that.

I had the same problem.
the noise was coming from inside the cover from the seat belt lever adjustment.
you can remove the cover easy..
i just used a bit of rubber on the lever mechanism, i can't explain how it works with words, but it is easy to find the squeak with the cover out.

so don't rush to the shop for the Audi spray before you check that.

Cheers mate, was gonna check that out but as it only "squeaks" when it is wet I am putting it down to the door rubbers, not that I have pulled my finger out and done them yet though :)

Cheers mate, was gonna check that out but as it only "squeaks" when it is wet I am putting it down to the door rubbers, not that I have pulled my finger out and done them yet though :)

Keen to know if you got to the bottom of the squeak? I have had this noise for over a year now and no amount of silicon has cured it.

I look at mine the other day. Was sure it was the plastic shiney door trim, shoved some sponge into it and it seems to have gone.

I might pick up a tube of that just in case!

Holy thread revival Batman! Are door rubbers still the popular culprit for this? I have exactly this problem in the wet. Going to break out the Gummi Pflege later in the week.

I only get it in the wet too.
I may try some of the 3M leather care as that made the leather dead slippy on my previous car, so should do the same on the rubbers.

I've also got a squeak on the left side of the drivers seat. If I move to the right it disappears.
I think I have tracked it down to the seat belt buckle rubbing on the faux fabric down the side of the seat.
If I unclip the seatbelt and wiggle my leg in the same way there's no squeak.
A bit more leather care on that may sort it.

Reactions: scotty76
No squeak today because it's dry. Have some Gummi Pflege in the garage so will apply it over the weekend and report back.

No squeak today because it's dry. Have some Gummi Pflege in the garage so will apply it over the weekend and report back.
Finally got round to applying this on the door rubber but no luck. The squeak is still there. May try a bit on the window rubbers.

Reactions: Keef
I have a similar thing, but pretty sure it’s the window / glass in my case, when i drop the window a tad the noise stops

I wiped some 3M leather care around the rubbers and also not forgetting the rubber trim that is fixed between the top door seal rubber and outer frame. I think this is the culprit.
No noise since and very wet today.

I had this the other week and it was doing my head in!

The ex Mrs had a VW Eos that got written off a year or so ago, anyone who's had a folding hard too will know about leaking roof seals!

I found the bottle of roof seal lubricant that I think is called krytox in my garage so lubed the seal on the door and the seal on the door opening and all seems good ever since.

Only problem is the 30ml or so bottle iirc was about £40 from the VW stealer a few years ago, luckily I have plenty left.

Krytox, I have some of that - thought it is wife's new Polo that has this problem, if I pull and hold the seatbelt the noise stops, so I reckon it is not the rubber seals in this case!

Right! Took the Gummi Pflege stick to the window rubbers and the squeak is gone! Hopefully that's it sorted.

Mine is still quiet after using the 3M leather care and several washes.

Just to confirm the squeak is definitely gone. Did 500 miles over the weekend in 4 seasons weather and never heard it. So window rubbers seem to have been the culprit in my case. HTH.

Reactions: Keef