Squeaky brakes - any fix?

Yes mate - I was one of the unlucky ones with regards to brake squeal :(
New pads and discs fitted now though and 2 to 3 hour bedding in procedure carried out by Audi Tech.
Fingers well & truly crossed that sorts it & time will tell I guess.
TT brakes perfectly and silently you are correct - the TT has been 100% perfect (& feels it) from day 1 with exceptional build quality.

Working with an 8P owner now who has a Red RS3 previously owned by a 'both-forum' member who's complaining of low-speed brake squeal even though he has Redstuff fitted - never known a Redstuff padded car with low-speed brake squeal before - but as he's a hands on guy he's willing to investigate himself and has found the inner-pads to be 'trapped' in the caliper and will remedy this in the usual way (a 12-inch file) this week end and re-evaluate.

As you know I've been chasing this issue since February 2012 and with sooooo much correspondence between me and Audi UK it makes no sense, however, I remain interested as to why the issues (low speed brake squeal and/or 'warped discs (not) vibration) affect some cars and not others only now to question the driver and his/her brake application(s); that said I remain convinced the source of the low-speed brake squeal is between pad and pistons rather than pad and disc

Hope you get yours sorted...

Re TT: the brakes on our TT are just brilliant on OEM discs and pads; did try Redstuff front and rear - as they'd made such a mega difference on the RS3 - but they were absolute rubbish, so after 1000-miles or so reverted to OEM pads - you never can tell... :racer:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
So, problem confirmed and have noticed it exactly in miles and everything. I am amazed that its so few people/owners that complains about the problem. Seems it´s no problem to spend thousands of pounds more to get good brakes that lasts as they should from the beginning!

From tuner:

RS3 8P , TTRS and now RS3 8V have all had huge problems with the brake discs , where the discs have a life span of about 6200 miles in front and 9300-15500 miles in the rear. Heavy car with a lot of power and two left side discs allows one disk is extremely hot and therefore gets warped.

PFCs are about to redo their entire catalog with a completely new designed brake disc , we'll see when they get the time and opportunity to launch a disc to the new RS3 but quite convinced that there will be a front disc , unfortunately, no disc to the rear brakes, however.

Some of our customers have been driving with the brake pads of tougher material , which can give a little more squel but withstand higher temperature and helps the disc to survive longer.

From Audi:

We have no technical support directly to the customer from the importer, it is our authorized repair shops that have it, they have the support from Audi's own technicians when needed. Audi uses the same brake disc on the left and right side on all models , even the R8 . The only exceptions are the ceramic discs , these have a direction of rotation and which are left , and right disc .

Sincerely Audi customer service

That's wrong as the Q7 front discs are left and right sided.

7 7L8 615 301 brake disc (vented) 350X34MM 5/130
left 1
(7) 7L8 615 302 brake disc (vented) 350X34MM 5/130
right 1

Different numbers but maybe same anyway? For example I have read on several different places that RS3 and RS4, RS5 have the same brakes but still RS3 have different number according to Audi and that can be so not the mass is reacting on that when we have problems?

I did´t know we had two left side rotors when I bought the car and nobody told me before the tuner person wrote it and I got it confirmed from Audi. It speaks for itself that it does not work very well with curved cooling channels that are optimized for example the left side.

Good-Performance-100-New-Brake-Disc-Set-Genuine-OEM-7L8615302-For-Audi-Q7-VW-Toua.jpg

Pulled off the internet but when I changed the brakes on the Q7 (with brembo calipers) one disc was like this and the other was a mirror image of this and not a copy..
I cant remember if they run scooping or exhausting though.

For the RS3 its definetily two left sides and thats what is the most interesting thing for me now and its really bad. There is a thread in another rs3 forum from at-rs.de that they are built wrong from the beginning on TTRS and RS3 although Audi claim to at-rs.de that they worked on a solution but nobody has seen it yet and thats years and years ago and probably the solution is to switch to new rotors according to warranty.