Squeaky Driver Seat

Paul_A4_UK

Reaction score
Of all things to get a really annoying noise emanating from I have gone and got one. It is coming from my drivers seat. I'm not really sure about how to tackle curing it. As I go over bumps it makes a really irritating noise. I assume something spring wise is rubbing maybe?

Has anyone else had a squeaky seat issue and found a solution to stopping it? This of course could be the perfect reason to try and source some S4 seats though mine aren't full electrical ones, I have a 2004 S-line 1.8T (190).

This could end up being reason to fit a fruitier exhaust and an induction kit of sorts :sly: Joking aside I really would like to sort this without having to spend loads so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Paul

Bucket seats cure this... alright I'm kidding too haha would love RS4 buckets in mine though, best thing I can think is taking the seat out and oiling all screws/holes and the runners, sounds like hard work but it's actually a really simple job.

It seems I've found a cure for now. At 6'3 I like my seat low but it appears if I raise the seat a bit then the noise goes?! That'll do for now, just feels like I'm sat too high but I'll put up with it to be shot of that awful squeaking noise.