RSQ3 Squealing Brakes RSQ3

Tony Baker

Reaction score
Is anyone having a problem with Squealing brakes? I'm told by my Audi Dealership that no one else is having this problem. It's been going on since November last year and they can't seem to fix it.

Nope, no problem with mine (2015 RSQ3).

Normally squealing brakes are caused by a lack of grease on the back of the pad - I have had it though on a previous car that one of the pads was faulty. Do you know which wheel is squealing, if so, it may be worth changing the pads? Alternatively is one of the discs slightly warped, or one of the pistons slightly jammed in the caliper? Could be a number of reasons

What has the dealer done so far in an attempt to fix it?

Nope, no problem with mine (2015 RSQ3).

Normally squealing brakes are caused by a lack of grease on the back of the pad - I have had it though on a previous car that one of the pads was faulty. Do you know which wheel is squealing, if so, it may be worth changing the pads? Alternatively is one of the discs slightly warped, or one of the pistons slightly jammed in the caliper? Could be a number of reasons

What has the dealer done so far in an attempt to fix it?
Long story. Dealer took shine off pad then it happened again. Then replaced discs and pads. After about 2000km's it started again. Then they said said it was the rear and took shine off rear pads. It didn't fix the problem. Now they are getting a regional manager to look at it in 2 weeks. This problem started in November last year. A bit over my car at the moment.

Very odd. Will be interested to hear what the regional manager thinks. I'm wondering though if its the pads themselves, as sometimes the actual pad material can cause squeaking. I assume that the brakes themselves though are working ok, on mine they are a bit fierce being 8-pots for sure (and I thought those on my S3 were fierce until I tried these)

Not uncommon.......

A lot of 8v RS3's are suffering from this.

Dealers Responce in many cases is to replace discs and pads.

My RSQ3 had this when I test drove it. It took Salisbury Audi 3 or 4 days to get it sorted before I took delivery. I think the end result was updated pads. That was back in March, and they have been as quiet as a mouse since. (Fingers tightly crossed). Mine is 2015, but MY2014. It must have been like it from the start, as the previous owner had Slough Audi investigate it. (I found the worksheet in the car).

Is anyone having a problem with Squealing brakes? I'm told by my Audi Dealership that no one else is having this problem. It's been going on since November last year and they can't seem to fix it.

Tony,
Yes same problem here, front brakes don't just squeal they drone, at times constantly especially when heated. I have had the entire front breaking system replaced already and it is about to go back in for another go a fixing it. I assume yours is also 2015 model with the wavy breaks?

I have asked the dealership to contact Audi, as I said other people must be having the same issue - as yet not reply.

I am having the same problem I think, with howling brakes when moving slowly. Audi have dismantled, skimmed and greased the brakes, all to not avail. Have we any news on this issue please?

Had this on PFL RS3 (same set up)

Started again on FL RS3 (Again same 8 pot but round discs)

Both times replaced Pads with Ferodo DS performance (NOT 2500)

Both times I used FDS1664 pads (RS4 fitment same caliper)
Just a modification to the wear sensor is required on the RS3, not sure on the RSQ3 but I’d imagine it’s a very similar if not identical set up.

Result = better braking and no Squeal

PFL 2015 RS3
45f4083305b44236dd255799e0c95f64.jpg

610398ed36d4d07cc69391f3b14b8fef.jpg

2018 RS3

6dc6d4802ec1a0689e6b01b415b569c5.heic

0a9de388886f845e221dd1fc6da6511c.jpg

Seen them on ebay for new brake discs RSQ3

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 276
Fixed it on my F/L RSQ3 by fitting EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads - no more squealing - and a lot less dust as well - and less wear on those expensive discs as well.

(If you do need new disks, speak with Crewe Audi, great service from them and they can supply the other parts you need if changing the disks as well)

Reactions: 45bvtc
My brake squel came back, but not as bad as before. Like Hawkeye, I fitted EBC Redstuffs and it seems to have cured it. (Fingers tightly crossed).

Reactions: 45bvtc
Is anyone having a problem with Squealing brakes? I'm told by my Audi Dealership that no one else is having this problem. /QUOTE]

Your Audi dealership said what!
5006.gif

Reactions: RS_Dan and desertstorm