Squeeky Brakes

greg1903

Reaction score
Any one else experienced squeeky brakes with the RS3? Only does it at low speeds (in traffic etc). Its really loud and quite a low pitch.

Never had a car with drilled discs - is it something that often happens with those?

Cars done less the 1000 miles - could that be a contributing factor?

Trying to make time to see the dealer about it and to sort a couple of niggling rattles. Just wondered if anyone on here had experienced this.

Same issue here with the sqeeking brakes. I only have 350 miles on the clock so far so not sure if goes away in time.

I have this too.
usually associated with performance brake pads.
do a couple of high speed brake tests.
power wash the brakes lightly.

I must be the odd one out this time, no problems with noise from the brakes at any speed

Yes, infrequently I'm glad to say. Again at low speed only and I think the pattern is when the brake discs have been wet and dried a little 'rusty' if that makes sense. Once warm after 1-2 applications no more squealing.

An Evo 360 I owned, fitted with Performance Friction floating rotor discs and track biased pads, screeched pretty much all the time at low speeds so I agree with the performance pads theory. The Evo did stop very well though so there are upsides!

Yes got exactly this issue as described and was planning to take a wander past Stealers when I'm next passing. Car done 850 and only at very low speeds. Understanding the performance pads comment but surely a car or £44k should sound like this?

If anyone gets any deer fix, please share.

Cheers

Same issue - was squealing at low speeds. Took it back to the dealer and they applied different grease behind the pads and polished the disc I believe. From what I understand it is due to the brakes not being bedded in properly leaving an uneven spread of pad material across the disc...

I did have some horrendous front brake squeal between 750 and 1000-miles but that's now resolved; I removed the pads (all four pads were very tight in the calipers) and refitted them with a generous smear of Copperslip. Problem solved.

I noticed mine have started to sqeal...******. 45bvtc..I may have to pop over, I only live in Telford...:arco:

i notice i only get it when i leave the car sitting for a few days etc and the rust builds up on the discs

annoying tho !!!!!!!!!

Not a problem Moschops, I'm in Hednesford, contact me direct...

An S3 we have had since new (now 40,000 miles) has had squeeky brakes since new. Never had an issue when braking hard though very good. Only happens at about 10mph and lower. Have been checked by Audi and both discs and pads are fine loads of wear left in them.

An S3 we have had since new (now 40,000 miles) has had squeeky brakes since new. Never had an issue when braking hard though very good. Only happens at about 10mph and lower. Have been checked by Audi and both discs and pads are fine loads of wear left in them.

Hear what you are saying mate but I'm giving her another 400 miles to take her to 1.5k on the clock, let alone 40k, and then she's back to stealers......makes the car sound as if something is wrong and draws the wrong attention in heavy traffic.....no matter how good the brakes are this is not good.

In my car the pads were way too tight in the calipers; I had to carefully drive out each pad, however, once coated with Copperslip I was able to easily re-fit the pads. I believe (I'm a retired automotive engineer) the calipers and pads have been assembled dry and stored before assembly to the car.

My car has now done 2200 miles and the issue has not returned.

To conclude: it's not a brake disc issue, and it's not a brake pad issue, but the 'dry' assembly of the two.

Oh, and the low speed brake squeal on my car, at low speeds, became the loudest I've ever heard on any car, ever!

Good info there thks.

On the topic of brakes the holes in my discs are filling up fast on 2000 miles!

I read people drill (4mm) them out!

Hear what you are saying mate but I'm giving her another 400 miles to take her to 1.5k on the clock, let alone 40k, and then she's back to stealers......makes the car sound as if something is wrong and draws the wrong attention in heavy traffic.....no matter how good the brakes are this is not good.

I totally agree. Personally I would have them straight back to have them checked. Just saying we did have them checked countless time and they are fine even with the squeek.

Better be safe than sorry at the end of the day!! No one wants failing brakes on a performance car like the RS3!!!