Stage 1 Remap - 188bhp

SCFC_Messiah

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've just had my 170 remapped along with a DPF delete

It was put on the dyno and read a max at the flywheel of 188bhp.... But I thought a Stage 1 remap on this engine would take it upto just over 200bhp?

I was told there wasn't as much power in the higher rev range as typically expected, possibly down to issues with the air (?), but through the main rev range (2 - 3.5k rpm) it was perfectly normal. It was done in a reputable garage with a good reputation, not a back street cowboy

Any reason why I'm not getting 200+ and should I take it back?

By the way, it was dyno'd before the remap and read 167.8 bhp, which I believe is bang on

That does sound rather low.....my 170 is running at 199.1bhp with the DPF still in place. Before it was mapped it was approx 172bhp

Did they do any logs? What mileage has the car done?

Car is on 98K. I've got a print out with all the details. If I PM it to you, will you be able to tell much from it mate?

Car is on 98K. I've got a print out with all the details. If I PM it to you, will you be able to tell much from it mate?

I'll have a look for you no problem :)

Equally I would also contact the people who did the work and ask them to explain what they mean by 'problems with the air'

Did they quote you figures prior to the work?

Thanks Rhyso, you're a star. Give me two mins to scan it and I'll send it over