Stage 1 remap providers

GazWeavs

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm looking for any recommendations of providers to get my A7 3.0tdi 272ps remapped now it is out of warranty but I'd rather not have to travel too far to get it done.
Any info as to where I could get this done as local to me as possible would be appreciated. I'm in rural Hereford, West Mids.
How long does the process take (hours or a day or more?) as I will travel further afield if it's a day job.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Cheers, Gaz.

Last edited:
What kinda remap do you want? Someone to come load up a map or a custom one?

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

I honestly don't know? Again I'd have to be led by others and experiences and opinions on what's best.
I want a remap to basically achieve power gains and improve the driveability of the car with regards to getting rid of flat spots and throttle response delay etc.

Gaz

I honestly don't know? Again I'd have to be led by others and experiences and opinions on what's best.
I want a remap to basically achieve power gains and improve the driveability of the car with regards to getting rid of flat spots and throttle response delay etc.

Gaz

I’d say you want a custom map then. The person who does it should/will be able to get rid of any flat spots etc. I know of one guy in west London. His name always pops up when talking about custom remaps. Bobby Singh!!
He can tune your s tronic too.

Only thing is might be a bit far. But I know he done someone’s car in a day.

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Yes I am aware of Bobby's skills and knowledge in this area and he would be an ideal choice but as you say, he is some distance away from me which is an issue.
I definitely would prefer a custom map so this probably narrows my options even further with regards to competent providers of this service.
I will however keep looking.

Cheers,
Gaz

Reactions: Bishop187
For just stage 1, being honest there is no benefit in a custom tune as if there is any bhp gain on the car you drive, you’d not notice it. Plenty of APR dealers around, www.goapr.co.uk and you’ll find your local there.

Other remap companies are Revo or MRC in Banbury, but that may still be too far for you. I chose APR as I have a local dealer if there are any issues and APR’s figures are as good if not better than any other stage 1 tune out there plus they’ve done more cars than most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses guys.
I've found a local tuner who is stating he can carry out a ECU remap via OBD to give increases as follows:
STD power 268bhp to 325bhp (+53).
STD torque 580Nm to 680Nm (+100).

From what I've established via research etc, these figures are about right for what can be expected of my engine without any hardwear upgrades.
What I want to know is if what he is stating is achievable?

Cost for this will be £150 and he can supply before and after print outs as proof of the remap. He also assures me he will keep a copy of the original ECU map so that I can revert back to it in the future.

Comments and thoughts much appreciated.
Gaz

THQuattro, so it appears his stated figures are there abouts regards achievable gains which gives me some comfort knowing he isn't talking 'pie in the sky' figures.
Sussex is too far away from me also but thanks anyway.
Gaz

Did you get it done, and if you did, who did it, and how you've found it?