Stage 1 Remap Question TFSI

Chrismawa

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my TFSI remapped. The cars a low mileage example on about 84k and looks to have been well cared for. I'd like to get it remapped for a bit extra power and better responsiveness but I'm concerned about the clutch.

At the moment it drives faultlessly but Im concerned a remap might potentially cause slipping? Who has mapped their cars and what was the clutch like?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm on a remap around the 270 mark, well it's been remapped a few times on the original clutch , i had a short period of DMF rattle then it stopped no probs as such since the remap but i did have a few issues prior with a bit of slippage but it seems to have been behaving itself at present.
It's on 86k miles so similar to yours, anything over 80k can start to put the original clutch under a bit more pressure so don't go with silly mapping.

Reactions: Chrismawa
Thanks Rob. I'm on the fence with it tbh. I would really like to get it done, but don't want to be introducing problems to the car that will probably cost me the best part of £1k to fix.

Its not the engine im concerned about, its the clutch. I don't want to be introducing problems, for example like a slipping clutch that would then need to be renewed.

My old fwd a4 2tfsi I had remapped on 100k and drove 20k on the original clutch no problems. I had it from 80k originally.

my tfsi awd had a clutch at 60k (from audi history) i had to do it again at around 125k, its not that difficult or expensive dmf was ok too

i would map it will easily take if if the clutch is half decent, if it slips it prob past its best

Reactions: RS3 S.
Pssssst, It's a tfsi.

Pssssst , follow the link .

Screenshot 20210410 111113 Chrome

My TFSI Q was on a stage 1 map for about 5 years. Original clutch finally started slipping at about 120k miles.

my car is currently in the garage getting cam belt, water pump, new cam chain etc etc.

Looking at Revo Stage 1 £415 or Celtic Tuning £325. There is supposed 10bhp difference & same lb/ft - so basically the same. Has anyone experience of either of these?

thanks

I had my b8 TFSI on a stage 1 remap for 3-4 years with no problems at all , no need to replace any parts either.
I’ll be doing the same with my B9 when I can get round to it.

I'll let you know Monday as mines in for stage 2+ on stock clutch with no receipts for it being changed so I'm expecting the clutch to disintegrate to be honest lol, I know some people on here and facebook have 350-400+hp tfsi's on stock clutch with bo issues and others slip on 250hp from stage 1, in all honestly as long as its a custom map if the tuner feels it slip he will just keep dialling it back until it don't slip so you shouldn't have an issue.

Often misquote , clutches are about torque handling .
Yep exactly, but naturally when you up the bhp when mapping the torque follows (if there's enough fuelling) it takes a very skilled tuner to limit bhp loss and lower torque enough for the clutch to cope hence why I mentioned bhp figures not ft lbs its just easier to relate to.

Had exactly that on an AVF 1.9 PD 240mm 70K old clutch slipped a tiny bit on full beans because of the spikier AVF torque delivery .

Had a popular clutch saving remap which was actually a reworked UPsolute file that doesn't even appear on their website .

The result an almost 50 hp gain ( norm is 35 hp ) with a moderate 35 ftlb gain but the torque delivery was table topped and completely linear .

No more slip , software that cured a hardware issue !

Reactions: Dan_Avant
my car is currently in the garage getting cam belt, water pump, new cam chain etc etc.

Looking at Revo Stage 1 £415 or Celtic Tuning £325. There is supposed 10bhp difference & same lb/ft - so basically the same. Has anyone experience of either of these?

thanks
I have owned a B7 in the past that I had Revo'd.... it was the 220 BHP special edition from 2006. The Revo totally brought the car to life, it turned a satisfying car into much more of a speed machine... huge improvement all round...

Reactions: Mothy69
I jgot mine stage 1 mapped today with a MAD automotive remap. Initial view is that there's a lot more response from 2.5/3k revs (more torque) & power delivery seems smoother & a bit faster. I'm looking forward to getting it out on some open roads. Says 217bhp to 255bhp. I take these numbers with a pinch of salt but it seems to have done something

I'm bumping this. As I'm really happy with the results. The car is making me smile again. Like it did when I 1st got it. It's definitely more responsive at lower revs & faster overall with it pulling nicely through the gears. I expect it will blow up next week.but this week I'm really pleased with the stage 1 map added