Stage 1 remap

Stew

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum and this question has probably been aksed before but here goes i have an s3 2007 with only 25k im really wanting a stage 1 but have heard that in early cars like mine the clutch is quite weak could anyone give me any advice on this thanks.

My S3 is a 2007 model and at the moment it is running stage 2+ on the original clutch. I am expecting a new clutch to be needed eventually. However, it has done considerably less miles than yours.
Stage 1 should be fine but it all depends on how it has been driven in its earlier life.

Considerable less than 25k miles? Must have the lowest 2007 plate around, 25K is very low.

Well mine is a 2007 on 73K and as soon as I went stage 1 instant slip in 5th and 6th gear so new clutch has just been fitted o my been in a week so still bedding it in.
Factor it in to the cost so that would be roughly £1200.
Could be luck but I wasn't.

As above...good mileage for the year.

My clutch lasted till Stg2,and then promptly gave up.

The moral of the story is that some last and some don't,and always budget for a clutch when remapping.

Slightly off topic for a minute... When I was at Glastonbury this year I got chatting to a guy who parked near me with a 2007 S3 and it had only done 3k ish miles from new. It still had the protective film on the stuff plates inside the doors...

Reactions: S3Alex
Been running stage 1 for 35K. Just changed the clutch at 95K.

All depends how its mapped/driven after