Stage 2+ Best Oil?

H

HansfishS3

Hi all, what's the best oil for a Stage 2+ S3, does Quantum platinum provide enough protection?

I fear a better oil is needed as the turbo is running on its limits at this stage!

Quantum LongLife III is better than Platinium for protection and more .

502.00 505.01 Vs 504.00 507.00 .

But the best solution is a racing ester marketed oil .

Millers-CFS-5W40-NT-Nanodrive-5l.jpg

Reactions: HHS3
Hmmm I'm wondering whether to go for Quantum Platinum 5W40 or Millers...I change my oil every 5/6K to keep it fresh

You really have to stop listening to those independents...

5W40 502.00 505.01 does not contain any ester .

5W30 504.00 507.00 , does !

Well the best oil for Stage 2 , 2+ is undoubtedly an ester racing marketed oil , Millers , Fuchs , Gulf , Motul , Red Line and alike . These will only ever contain 10-20% fully synthetic top group 5 ester oil basestock , they could be 3 , 4 and 5 or just 4 and 5 .

Having the different groups you kind of get the benifits of each individuals quality, for instance 4 broadens the heat temperature range whilst 5 takes the highest of heat punishment whilst providing superior detergentcy .

Reactions: S.
Gaz and Sam are spot on, most of us in mapped S3's on here are all running Millers Nanodrive CFS 5W40 NT+ Fully Synthetic Oil which is also what's recommended by the likes of R-Tech and Storm Developments as well.

Do yourself but more importantly your car a big favour and pick up 5L of the stuff for £55 from https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Millers-...Engine-Oil-5-LITRES-5L-NEW-2017-/162390723922 and top up every 8K or less, it's a small price to pay for the importance and benefit it has.

I missed the + bit. I thought it was just a bit of a rebrand excercise. Don't think I will be running out to drain the sump just yet but it does look like the + is an improvement over what was already a very good oil. Got to be worth another few bhp when the GT3076R goes on :) .

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/source/datasheets/CFS-5w40-NT+.pdf

USER BENEFITS:
Fully synthetic Triple Ester Nano Technology Oil provides:

Laboratory tests and results show up to a further 15% reduction in friction and up to a further 17% reduction in wear over the previous award winning NT range

Significantly reduced friction

Reduced component wear promotes longer engine life

Reduced heat production

Increased power output and torque

Improved reliability

Improved energy efficiency

Superior anti-friction and anti-wear characteristics

Motorcycle wet clutch compatible

Reactions: HHS3