Stage 2 Fuel economy on S3

nelson19uk

There's no poke without smoke!
Reaction score
I'm thinking about stage 2 remap but the wife is going on about fuel econ once it is done.. Yawn.

What kind of effect will the stage 2 have on the fuel economy when eing driven sensibly?

Silly question I know but just want to ask folks that have had it done.

Ive got stage 2+.When im just pottering around town i get around 24-28 depending on stop-start driving,long motorway journeys are more like 30 to 32 sticking to 70mph.When i want to feel the boost il get around 20 or less.If you want to save money on fuel just keep it off the boost once in a while but it is hard not to:eyebrows:

Sounds just the same as I'm getting now. THanks guys. I knew it would change much if at all. But you have just confirmed it for me . cheers.

Its all total ********. As soon as you get stage 2, you spend the whole time with your foot planted to the floor with a massive smile on your face wondering why on earth Audi didnt build the car like this in the first place!!

Or maybe it was just me....... :think:

Reactions: thebott
Its all total ********. As soon as you get stage 2, you spend the whole time with your foot planted to the floor with a massive smile on your face wondering why on earth Audi didnt build the car like this in the first place!!

Or maybe it was just me....... :think:

lol. i agree..... my economy question was just because the missus uses the car for work and will moan if she has to fill up more than usual.

Driven reasonably sensibly(!),you'll not notice much difference,and may even find that it improves due to the much better torque,and not needing to use higher rpm,but obviously if you hoof it,the economy suffers.

Mine was getting a best of about 30mpg before the remapping began,and would do a best of 35mpg at Stg 2+,and as little as 22mpg......even now,it will do over 34mpg on the morning crawl.

I'm thinking about stage 2 remap but the wife is going on about fuel econ once it is done.. Yawn.

What kind of effect will the stage 2 have on the fuel economy when eing driven sensibly?

Silly question I know but just want to ask folks that have had it done.

I got 35 mpg today coming in from Westhill to Altens and my car is stage 2+

:)

I got 35 mpg today coming in from Westhill to Altens and my car is stage 2+

:)

Nice one. That's me decided then. away to book stage 2 me thinks.... MIght even get the internals done in the fuel pump aswell.

Yee haaa 330+ ponies here we come...... lol

if your gonna go 2+ which u may as well if your getting your internals done, will be more like 360 ;)

That's the plan Jungle. Sounds like a plan. moooohahahahahahaha. I'll be forking flying. I love s3's..... MIght not be saying that in 6 months time after I kill the clutch.lol

in 6 months.... being optimistic arent you! i give it 2 months tops if you drive it properly! haha
on a more serious note, with that level of power you need to address the suspension as it wont cope with that level of power, you should be looking at some coilovers & ARBs, or at very least some springs, may have mine up for grabs soon tho. also if you like to drive it hard then youll have to look at the brakes as well as youll have them fading very quickly scrubbing off the speed youll be approaching corners at! another final thing (dont worry this is a cheap one) should get a catch can fitted or the valves will start coking up pretty quickly (expensive to fix), the BSH one is only like £180 and is vital with this level of tuning

edit:-

not that im trying to scare you haha but they should all be on the list of things to do when you start getting big power :)

Last edited:
Over easter I did 340mile to a tank

Went to Dublin and back on Monday and got 205 miles to half a tank - had a few moments of wrecklessness in a tunnel :) , several blasts off from toll stations but mainly cruise controlled at 75mph.

Economical enough I find for the power :)

I've been looking at coilovers but I'm a bit worried about giving up the comfort. My wife drives the car as her daily commute during the week and it's my toy on the weekend. She doesn't have a need for speed like me. lol. Most of my mates recomend against coilovers especially with the potholes etc up here. I have been eyeing up Eibach ARB's though. good plan.

As for brakes.... What should I be looking at? TTRS ones or rs4's or something?

The catch can is already on the cards. :)

Cheers for the info....

I have H&R springs and ARB's in my car. ARB's without a doubt will stiffen up the car and make it a lot more crashy but I love it the way it is. So much better in the corners and powering out of them.

I had FK silverline in my old A3 TDI and I loved them, would definately recommend them to anyone and were pretty comfortable!

Brakes.... up to you to be honest, I find the standard brakes are fine, maybe upgrade the pads to Ferrodo race pads on standard discs?

with coilovers, they will be a bit firmer, but depending what ones you get the overall ride comfort will be better, something like KW's is what you will want
Eibach or H&R ARB's will be perfect!

i wouldnt touch TTRS brakes, they are way to flawed in too many areas and for the same money you can get better. the problem with the RS4 is you need 19' wheels to fit them and you still need the TTRS discs which are a bit rubbish

if you want some decent stopping power i would recommend either AP racing kit or what ive got which is the VW racing kit, which is staggering and will cope with whatever you throw at it

I have H&R springs and ARB's in my car. ARB's without a doubt will stiffen up the car and make it a lot more crashy but I love it the way it is. So much better in the corners and powering out of them.

I had FK silverline in my old A3 TDI and I loved them, would definately recommend them to anyone and were pretty comfortable!

Brakes.... up to you to be honest, I find the standard brakes are fine, maybe upgrade the pads to Ferrodo race pads on standard discs?

THanks mate. I'll have a look at springs and ARB's and see what like. Wouldn't mind finding someone with Coilovers in the local area to see what their ride is like to be honest.

I'll probably try the pad upgrade first before i go mad with a full kit.

Thanks