Stage 2 remap

vwgtiking

Reaction score
I have had a custom map running 200bhp on 2wd bfb 1.8t. I just enquired about a stage 2 and he said I need Decat and uprated intercooler I would also consider swapping the turbo.

Is this correct?

I have a bfb with 210bhp stage 1. Im sure you'd need tt 225 injectors and after a few days an uprated clutch. The rest sounds about right, but im no expert.

By definition what is all the different stages, everyone has different definitions

For me (by no means right)
Stage 1 is a generic map, better performance to stock ready to load in to any car
Stage 2 is a tweaked generic map ie custom to the car this could be with no mods but probably better to have air filter and exhaust upgrades
Stage 3 is a custom map taking full advantage of intercoolers and any other mods

Sounds about right, from what i see of "stages"

Stage 1 = stock car with remap

Stage 2 = bolt on parts, usually larger intercooler and breather mods such as a turbo back exhaust and induction kit, for which the car can use a more "aggresive" map tailored to the mods ie higher boost, timing advanced etc.

Stage 3 = usually most tuners i see quote "stage 3" usually involves more major work such as larger turbocharger, fuel pumps etc...

Stage 2 doesn't require a larger turbo though? Turbo back, intercooler, & cai!

Well if your gonna do it prob best to put a k04s on.

Hi rick. I was advised for additional 30bhp with std turbo I would need turbo back, fmic and cai. Is this right?