Standard boost pressure

CHARGED UP

Reaction score
Hi everyone ive just fitted a turbo boost gauge to my audi s3 210bhp that's on a 2001 (Y) and was wondering what psi it should be boosting on

Thank You.

Standard would be about 15-16 psi...

Im only getting 10psi max but i have no leaks at all due to they have all been tested any idea why its so low thanks

Sorry, should be about 14psi...your low figure could be down to the maf possibly...a friend was getting lower boost figures with his S3 and it turned out to be the maf...

ive just replaced the maf today with a new unit and also its been on the vag com which is showing know faults at all thanks

If your not getting any eras thrown up and your sure you have no boost leaks then I don't know...your boost is in psi and not bar is it, don't mean to be funny but if it's 1.0bar then it's spot on...

no its defo in psi and reading 10 psi it had a full smoke test through the complete inlet system today and showed know signs of any leaks at all it also does feel a bit sluggish as well, going for a remap this weekend but is there any point with it being like this!!!!

Whose doing the map for you ? If it were me as your not getting any fault codes I'd go for it, they should see if any problems make themselves known...maybe just what she needs...

Im only getting 10psi max but i have no leaks at all due to they have all been tested any idea why its so low thanks
What does your boost pressure in VAG-COM read? Log block 115 which will give you requested versus actual boost. This will tell you if your boost gauge is accurate.

mine's a 210 ona '99 and only runs about 10-11 psi does feel slightly sluggish but put that down to my last S3 being remapped, will have to have a look at it now.

DV, Actuator weak maybe?

See what the tuners say when its mapped

P.S. They're all slow pre-remap!

Take a pressure test with coloured smoke...

i've had my S3 for just over 3 years, i persumed it was standard when i bought it, fitted a boost gauge to it today, its boosting 20psi :)
P1010008.jpg