Standard S1 suspension

Adem Ozkaya

OzzyS1
Reaction score
Quick question

Im looking to upgrade my springs on my S1. Im purchasing the 18" Quattro alloys and im looking to buy H&R springs. Just wondering if this will affect the different drive modes on the s1?

Short answer no it will not.

if your dropping it for looks = h&r if you want performance = eibach

yes me too , they dont drop as much as the h&r but i personally prefere it like that

What is the ride difference, on the eibach springs? Does it generally make it a lot stiffer, or is it only when you get to some corners that you notice a difference?

Cheers

Chris

It will ride differently on the 18's due to less side wall, try that first and then decide on suspension.

What is the ride difference, on the eibach springs? Does it generally make it a lot stiffer, or is it only when you get to some corners that you notice a difference?

Cheers
its not much stiffer than oem , the car stays flatter in corners but biggest improvement is at speed , car feels much more stable , oem i thought was bit skittish
Chris

Reactions: ChrisG.

Cheers for the reply, it might be worth thinking about :grin:

to go on stiffer you need to change shock absorbers :)! You'll change completely the driving experience!

Reactions: ChrisG.
Yeah Im hopefully getting the 18" Quattro alloys this week ....then purchasing the H&R springs, heard they are good and im getting them for a very very good price, had eibachs on previous cars and wasnt really too keen on them tbf

i and a few people i spoke to think the 35 mm drop puts too much on the magnetic dampers , i dont want to start swapping dampers so i went with eibach and am very happy with them

Good afternoon

I can supply both, would personally go for Eibachs, If you would like a price please PM me or feel free to contact me on 01522 717100

Pat @ LVSR