Standard/sports exhaust - physical differences

Rick P

Reaction score
Anyone know the actual physical/mechanical differences between the sports and standard exhaust?

Search the posts as somebody put some pictures of both types on a ramp.

I crawled under the back of two demo cars and noted that the two tail tube pieces that feed the large oval in the rear bumper are interlinked with a small tube. However the pictures (from memory) showed that there is quite a bit more different!

Sorry @ved789 - the tread was on RS3OC.com

There is quite a long post with pictures. The branching tube i've mentioned earlier seems to be the only noticeable difference. Just before the two pipes feed into the rear oval exit, there is a branching tube on the Sports exhaust which isnt present on the standard one. There may be more differences and/or software changes too.

From memory of the other post, the sports exhaust is ~£1600 to retrofit!

Reactions: ved789
Sorry @ved789 - the tread was on RS3OC.com

There is quite a long post with pictures. The branching tube i've mentioned earlier seems to be the only noticeable difference. Just before the two pipes feed into the rear oval exit, there is a branching tube on the Sports exhaust which isnt present on the standard one. There may be more differences and/or software changes too.

From memory of the other post, the sports exhaust is ~£1600 to retrofit!

Tx

Picked ours up today, and can confirm it has the little tube connecting the two pipes. But is it right that in full dynamic it idles at just over 1000 rpm, but seems loadest in full dynamic mode, in individual if you do everything auto and engine noise to dynamic, it does sound as loud as fully dynamic everything. Also how are you getting the pops and bangs ? I dont seem to be able to hear them that much, only when it down shifts in full dynamic can you hear it. You dont get any when it changes up or if you rev it in dynamic. Pic from when i picked her up, old baby and new baby together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 899
Reactions: T-800 and jimojameso
In full dynamic on a downshift if the revs spike to about 5k it will pop and bang. Easiest to do in manual rather than auto.

TX.

It does idle at around 1100 rpm in dynamic
Best mode for maximum noise

It crackles, pops and bangs just with S mode and dynamic, with D mode and dynamic it just bangs when shifting. I almost never drives in S mode even its the fastest and most sporty of them.

Anyone know the actual physical/mechanical differences between the sports and standard exhaust?
Here are some pics I took today when on the ramp of the sports exhaust, if you want higher res ones let me know:

Attachments

• 20160103_123841.jpg
    20160103_123841.jpg
    799.1 KB · Views: 1,755
  • 20160103_123846.jpg
    20160103_123846.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 1,076