Q7 Start position rear wash wipe Q7

Jimmcb

Reaction score
Ok guys, help unpick this one.
Q7 rear wash wipes starting and stopping position sits at 2 o’clock position.
On activating stalk, the arm moves down to ‘proper’ start/stop position as if finishing the proper cycle, then does a W ipe wash cycle, and then returns to the 2 o’clock position to rest …. and so on and so on.
Replacing wiper motor makes no difference! It’s as though the cars memory has now convinced itself this is normal. No it’s not.
Anyone care to offer a solution, please?
I’m all for buying another new motor - I’ve bought 4 already over the years for the very common repair of faulty motors on these cars. Jim

Looking on the tinternet it looks like a common problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmcb
Looking on the tinternet it looks like a common problem.
It is in general terms but not with the false start/stop point being where it is and which resorts to the default setting on activation of the switch.

Does the motor stop in the correct position if you run it with the wiper arm up so its not running against the glass?

No Fraid not. It’s definitely setting itself at 2 o’clock position as it’s stop/start park location. BUT on activating switch it drops to the normal horizontal place, does a wipe cycle either with or without fluid and it parks at o'clock position for the cycle to commence again. It’s bizarre. I’ve bought ANOTHER motor today this time an OE and from Cardiff audi. (Great service)

Some aftermarket units do behave weirdly tbh, its worth a try, if that fails then maybe its the stalk.

You could see if there's a test duty cycle you can run therefore bypassing the stalk itself to see if it reacts the same.

Fitted new OE motor. Works perfect! Thanks for all your help folks. Jim